1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So who are the Adv riders here?

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, Mar 19, 2018.

1. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

It’s just Roy reminding us he’s the Baddest Fucker in here ... just Incase we forgot !! :D

brex likes this.
  2. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

You're right, none whatsoever, never won a a race or a class championship........ Have another drink, you're on a roll

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

100mph all day long and you are spending alot of time at gas stations refilling that tank...LOL

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    XFBO and roy826ex like this.
  4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Must be nice to ride in a place where you can do 100 all day and not end up in jail. :rolleyes:

5. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

What a douche. :rolleyes::crackup:

6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Was watching 44T’s YT series, last night, where they road trip a 999S and MV 312. In Switzerland, 144km/hr in a 80km zone resulted in a $4050 fine, three month ban from the country, and had to haul the bike out of the country. They said two more km/hr would’ve put him in jail, one year minimum. Communism.

7. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

When Steve and I made the run to way up in the Great White North, it didn't take long to notice that the magic number on the speedo seemed to be right around 85ish. Everyone everywhere was doing this speed or close to it, high or low. We saw fully loaded logging trucks, $1M RVs, old ladies on their way to bingo.....all of them doing around 85. Basically it was just what you could do to shorten the time between gas stops.

As always, YMMV

ducnut likes this.
  8. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

250mi in 5hrs is not averaging 100mph

brex and Britt like this.
  9. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

FTFY

Banditracer likes this.
  10. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

True, I didn’t add packing up time, and a longer than usual check in time cause I had to wake the guy up at the desk when I got there. :rolleyes:

baconologist likes this.
  11. roy826ex

And it worked

12. roy826ex

Mileage was horrible, 25 mpg on 1st tank 31 mpg on 2nd tank. Not very efficient above 80 mph but in that circumstance my time was more valuable.

13. roy826ex

Love you to :p

14. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

It was Kilometers Per Hour. :D

baconologist likes this.
  15. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

was your AT the one I saw that was burgundy with Ohlins? Looks like it's never been off road (not a scratch on it, no skidplate/protection, sheepskin seat cover, etc)?

musta been another AT I saw at Barber...

16. baconologist

@gt#179
    From page 10
    Looks like you spotted Roy in the wild!

roy826ex and doppio like this.
  17. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

That's it!!

Just an FYI but a few friends and I are talking about doing a "big bike" DS ride around north GA this fall. Would probably spend a day around suches GA and a day around Clayton GA. Mostly would be "big bikes", but for sure you are likely to drop/scratch/toss down your bike. A couple of us with 950's, probably one or two 1090's, maybe a triumph 800, maybe a Triumph Scrambler, and anyone else that would like to see where they can go on their adventure bike.

Nothing too stupid just a bit more "off the beaten path" kinda riding..

[​IMG]

18. baconologist

Hell yeah!
    May have to take my Roadie, off road.
    These alloy wheels should snap on the first twig I try and cross.

19. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

I bet a pack of those big bores thundering through the woods is worth a giggle or two.

20. roy826ex

yep that was mine and yep she’s been off road a lot. Quite bent up under neath. I just took the knobby tires off to do more road riding this fall.

She cleans up nicely :D and I ride pretty good off road I might add so I rarely drop anything. I just pin the thing and hang on.

I also don’t usually add all those stupid heavy ass crash bars to any of my bikes. I bend it up or bust it up I’ll walk out, fly out or just plain leave the thing. All that junk does is add weight and make maintenance a friggin nightmare. The Alaska leather pad is needed on the thing Honda seems to think heating the seat from the engine is a requirement. :rolleyes:

Hate I missed meeting you in person.