1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So who are the Adv riders here?

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Huh, riding a kawi versys to Alaska and back was great, Didn't have any trouble keeping up with the bigger bikes on the trip and I could push my fully loaded around the campground. Not so easy with a Tenere or big KTM.

ducnut and baconologist like this.
  2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Yup, the sweet spot is under 500# and 70-100hp

3. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Try pushing that thing 90-100 mph ALL day long and come back with your answer. I never said it wouldn’t do it just I’m not buying a revved out bike to do it on fully loaded. That’s if you can feel your hands from the elbow down afterwards.

I’ll keep a 1000cc plus bike to do that on. And still have power in my back pocket. I have no trouble moving a loaded Africa Twin around. Besides the engine is for moving a bike around not pushing one just cause you want to.

Muthfukers on here would argue with a brick wall. So much no knowledge on here it kills me. :rolleyes:

4. baconologist

You new here?

SteveThompson likes this.
  5. Newsshooter

65-70 fully loaded was plenty fast running through the washed out areas in the yukon, I got air enough times at that speed. I think I stood up like I was riding a dirt bike for close to a 100 miles one day. No way I'm riding 100 mph when the joy of the trip is to look around not blast from point to point, that just seems stupid on a trip to Alaska. Did more than a couple 4-500 mile days no problem. But what would I know, I was wearing my Suomy that I road raced in too. Also comparing yourself to a brick wall was quite accurate I do believe. :D

pscook, baconologist and ducnut like this.
  6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I spent 8 days up there. A lifetime wouldn’t allow one enough time to explore all of it. Best to take time to soak in everything, while one can.

baconologist and Newsshooter like this.
  7. Newsshooter

Yep, our trip was three weeks, not enough. Maybe when I retire I'll take off and spend a few months doing it. My perfect idea of a vacation, no schedule with a general idea of where you're going and enough time to stop whenever something looks interesting.

ducnut and baconologist like this.
  8. roy826ex

Nah and hows it going buddy lol

9. roy826ex

Dude don’t ride with my crowd we are all balls out 100+ everywhere! No offense I’ve been on the small bike. Ain’t no fun.

I’m about to midnight it to barber and throw a tent on the ground. At 100+, buy a V1 and thank me later.

See ya!

10. roy826ex

I am the brick wall!

Apples to an orange

Yet I’m heading out to bust 250 miles right now at night and what the fuck are you doing

Fuck off tough guy, I’m your worst fucking nightmare..on your 650——/

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

What are you, 12?

12. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

:stupid:

13. Newsshooter

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:
    I'll keep my little bike, thanks, I prefer skill over Hp.

14. roy826ex

Fuck you loser! Or was pervert for thinking I was 12, sure tell that the officer.

Just busted 250 like I said would. In my shitty motel about grab a few zzzs then watch some racing tomorrow live.

Go jump off a cliff it might do you good.

15. roy826ex

Good keep that pos won’t hurt my feeling none.

16. roy826ex

You suck too couch potato, some of actually do fucking ride a motorcycle here

17. roy826ex

Trust me when I tell you ain’t got no skills on two wheels.

18. baconologist

Theres a seat for every ass

19. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

What in the wide wide world of sports is going on here?

GarrettRick and XFBO like this.
  20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Apparently Roy's feeling crabby again. :crackup:

Bugslayer likes this.