1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So the GOAT* turns 40 this week

Discussion in 'General' started by tzrider, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

:eek:
    Dont leave out his WSBK title! :D

BigBird likes this.
  2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

My hope was that Val would've went F1 racing and kicked everyone's ass there, but I don't think now he can get a seat in F1. Rossi in WSBK, I just don't feel like it's a thing for him.

ducnut likes this.
  3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I agree.

His fans can't stand watching him lose to Marquez. I can only imagine how much their heads would explode watching him lose to Rea :D

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

F1 was and always will be, nothing more than a pipe dream.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

i'm fairly sure he would have done well if he had gone that route early, but i don't have a crystal ball.

6. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Dude. Gonna have to hear some details on that story.....

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

I just don’t think he was ever as serious about it as some would like to believe. It did make for a somewhat intriguing side story but I just don’t think he was ultra serious about it. Again, no idea.

8. Scotty87

Wait, wut? When did this happen? Is there any way to watch that shit? Loves me some Bayliss.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

don't watch because he'll fall off the pedestal ... i think he sucked in that series

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You might want to check again.

Scott, I'm not sure where you get the races in the US but I believe it can be done. Ask e-gangstas like steeltoe.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Crap, totally forgot that you can find them on motorsportsTV's YouTube channel. Here's one round. Click on the link to the channel and find more.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

well i mean he didn't win a local bike race series, but i'm sure the ASBK is the bestest riders ever.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, he's not 40 anymore.
    Most reasonable people can acknowledge that winning Australian superbike races at his age is nothing to sneeze at. You'll get that someday, when you eventually grid up for a race. :D

motoracer1100, cha0s#242 and ChemGuy like this.
  14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Oh, fuck! BANG BANG... BOTH BARRELS!!#:crackup:

15. Since this thread has turned into yet another Rossi-bashing fest, where the hell is @crashman? Is he off somewhere with Broome?

16. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

[​IMG]

Prospect likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm generally not a big fan of pointing out people's racing credentials in a discussion but that post was particularly egregious. :D

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  18. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

We need to change papa's name to Kenny Roger's. Cause he is roasting some bird tonight.....:D

Razr likes this.
  19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

One thing that separates Marc from Vale is the level of competition in their first six years in the premier class. I'll leave it to y'all to figure how that shakes out.

20. Scotty87

Fuckin cool. Thanks!