1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So my son.

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

When my son (the baby) left for school, I told him he had to call his Mom every week. It saved me so much grief. Now that he is 2800 miles away on the left coast the basic rule still holds true. I can deal with the seperation better, I guess.

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’m step dad. I love him to death but it’s time for him to grow up and become a man and I think this is a phenomenal way. I started college at 17 and moved as far away from my parents as possible. They lived in Florida and Georgia and I went to the university of Vermont. I’m a believer that a kid needs to get far away for a few years and break free. I don’t think I’ll struggle as much as now I get to become the guy he comes to for advise about real world problems.

Boman Forklift and StaccatoFan like this.
  3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I completely agree.

I'll miss my little guy when he reaches that age and ventures out on his own. I know it. He's 9 now, going on 29 it seems some days.
    We have a LOT of fun together and I REALLY enjoy having him around with me. I mean he's my "excuse" to go to Monster Jam on Sunday. ;-)

I look forward to watching him moving on to that part of his life..where he's independent and on his own journey through the chapters of his own story.

My role will change then from protector and caretaker to friend and trusted adviser is my hope. Meaning I hope I can make that transition and not keep
    trying to "raise" what then will be a grown man.

Quicktoy and Phl218 like this.
  4. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

Good job Dad. He's going to serve. Don't miss graduation, it's awesome.

5. trancework

trancework It's always now...

Congratulations, and thank your son for his service!

My suggestion to pass the time missing him is to get a project gift for him and spend your time building, making, or creating something you'll gift him that he'll remember for a lifetime. No idea what that would be, that's between you and him!

6. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

All this talk is making me question my shallow life. Good for you guys having real things. I'll just ride my Barbie scooter on an island and do laps till I can think about choices I made. picked up the waitress took her home I should not be complaing of having a 21 year old nica corn island girl sleeping in my bed but its the same old empty thing

Boman Forklift likes this.
  7. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

:stupid: And be sure to go through the museum at Ft. Benning, it's awesome.

8. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Life is a process. I can’t imagine as I get older, not having kids. Emotionless sex gets old after a while. It would seem that life is about building memories with someone that you can reminisce as you get older. At least that’s what was the life image created for me by my parents was. Your image may be different. Good luck with your introspection :beer:

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

+1

Well said!!!!!!!

Quicktoy likes this.
  10. Boman Forklift

Only you know what’s right for you, but it sounds like all that crazy fun is possibly becoming a little less interesting. Good on you for acknowledging that, and considering the other side.

For me, settling down and having a family is less scary than swimming with alligators at night. Watching your kids grow up and experiencing life with them is the most exciting and rewarding thing I’ve done.

And I’m the guy that went to California Supernike school with my dad at 22 or 23 and after the first session told him,”Dad, that was so fun, that’s better than sex”.

Having a family was much better!!!!!!!

Phl218 likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You guys fell for that? :D

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. Captain Morgan

scot.jpg Pimpin ain't easy. To much rum made me sentimental. Going to fix that with a rum drink and another 20 something year old girl with issues

Phl218 likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There it is! :D

14. Captain Morgan

Can't teach an old dog new tricks,lol

Boman Forklift likes this.
  15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Youth doesn't last.

where have you been.jpg

mark 151s future.jpg

16. Captain Morgan

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That's not the factor you need to worry about.

18. Captain Morgan

not yet, 40 sleeping with a 21 year old nica island girl?? Right or wrong, who knows, after 5 days she asked my age, asked hers, both of us shocked

19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I think each side of the fence envies the other. Believe me when I say the lack of depth in your life is also the envy of the old crochety buggers on here that don't get laid (especially by twentysomething y.o. island godesses). Everybody's got their frustrations and each choice we made has a plus and a downside. If only we could have it all.

20. Boman Forklift

I can only assume that means she looked like she was rode hard and put away wet? Heck when I was 22 I looked 16.