1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I tried it, an iPhone X

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 13, 2018.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Come on dude. Take off the mask and the FR will probably work great. There’s no way the iPhone engineers could have accounted for these features.

Attached Files:

Gorilla George, Funkm05 and BigBird like this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

[emoji23]

Sent from little screen by a old man

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

Maybe the X doesn't like minivans? That could be an issue when I rent them.

4. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

ya it prob wouldn't take that long. but it is cool that it def will learn.

I have no idea how long the finger sensor took to figure out my ever changing rock climbing calluses. it def didnt work that well from day 1. but 3yrs later, its now instant and only fails when my fingers are wet. somehow it works when I have half a callus peeling off and chalk on my hands.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Looks like I'll be eating my words. Just put in my request for an X 256GB, as it works out I can get it through my company for 1/2 the aforementioned price. Still too damn much for a phone (even though I use it for alot more than that) I'd say :rolleyes:

6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

If only it had a replaceable battery. Hence me holding on to my V10. I have a VZW V10 for US use and a TMo V10 while in Europe.

BigBird likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I will admit to liking the apple cable...until I got my new LG G6 with whatever their new cable is. It works just as well and I really like the phone.

BigBird likes this.
  8. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Pretty sure the standard 8 doesn't have the good dual lens camera. Only the 8 Plus.

9. Once a Wanker..

Should be easy to accomplish, Sean. Apple store can accomplish it in no time, as long as everything is backed up to an iCloud account, etc.

10. Once a Wanker..

Facial recognition works when your fingers are wet, or you have gloves on. My two biggest issues with fingerprint recognition.

11. Once a Wanker..

The X really does suck.

I'll give you $50 bucks for it, just to end your misery.

12. I’ve now been thinking about it, only because the battery on my 8 seems to be getting suckier by the day.

I am in airplane mode, and only using WiFi. Cellular data, location services, all of that shit is turned off. I have also closed any apps running in the background.

But even with all that off, I can damn near sit here and watch the battery % drop. It didn’t used to be like this.

I was kinda being sarcastic, but it actually did go from 92% to 91% just in the time it took me to type this post.

13. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

Is your screen brightness all the way up? I turn mine down to about 35-40% to save battery.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

The X isn't going to help you. That thing sucked power like a Tesla

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

15. Yep.

A dark screen pisses me off. I want the brightness high.

BigBird likes this.
  16. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

Maybe try a Mophie case? Great external battery and case in one. Not too bulky. My wife swears by them.

17. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Mophie phone case and a charger at work , car and several at home are only way for me. New job blocks websites so if I wanna waste time I have to do it in my phone

18. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

I still have my iPhone 6, which works as well as when I purchased it nearly 3-1/2 years ago. Purchased an X for my wife for Valentine's Day to replace her 6. The phone is pretty bad ass and she loves it. It is weird using it without a home button after being programmed to use it for so long.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah saw that. Went ahead and bit the bullet and doing the payment plan - X for me and 8plus for free for the boss.

20. Wellillbedamned. I have never even heard of that. Lemme open up Amazon again.

You fuckers are killing me. It is to the point now that if I add anything else to my cart, it goes directly into the "saved for later" section. Apparently you can only have 63 items in your cart.