1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So anyway, about this coronavirus thing...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Jan 21, 2020.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Quicktoy, sheepofblue and Phl218 like this.
  2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Quicktoy likes this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Was watching a video the other day and they were interviewing one of the Americans (a white woman) who's on that cruise ship that's docked in Japan. She's been diagnosed, quarantined and still has yet to exhibit any symptoms; looked perfectly fine and healthy even after as many days with it.

They're speculating that one of the biggest risks that non-Asians face with COVID-19 isn't the mortality of it but that of potentially becoming "super-spreaders". They can be infected and passing the virus around to many without having barely or very mild symptoms.

4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I think we have a good idea on the real coronavirus numbers. Take whatever the Chinese government says officially and multiply by at least 100.

Quicktoy and A. Barrister like this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I listened to the npr story. A couple refused the flight. They said it made no sense to pack on a plane with unknown people. CDC said people would be screened before the flight. Guess what?

Also in that article "The latest data suggests COVID-19 is less deadly than other coronaviruses including SARS and MERS." Which I pointed out earlier.

But let's keep up the panic.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It's less deadly to non-Asians....by the looks of things in China and the characteristics of the virus its every bit as deadly to them.

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Do you know what passes for medicine in China? I'm not talking about hospital I'm talking about what people do at home and what passes for a drug store. Think that might have something to do with it?

SGVRider likes this.
  9. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Yes, I have read that as well. Something to do with the cells in their lungs, and how the virus reacts. Supposedly, if you are of Asian descent, your lung cells have 4-5 times of this characteristic that the virus attacks.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

11. WERA 904

WERA 904 Well-Known Member

My company designs and manufactures CT scanners. We just shipped 11 scanners to that new hospital that they built in a few days (or attempting to). They plan to burn the place to the ground when done.

12. WERA 904

WERA 904 Well-Known Member

We have scanners in the NIH bio safety 4 lab. Talk about nervous when you strap into your BS 4 safety suit and go it. They were studying the Ebola virus on primates. I've heard theres a BS4 lab there in Wuhan. Scary stuff.

Phl218 likes this.
  13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I sure hope Greta gets there in time to stop them from releasing all those greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.

Phl218 likes this.
  14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

15. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I knew your lady had passed, but didn't know why. Wasn't gonna ask either. Didn't want to be rude. But, that's the same thing that got my old man. He lasted 9 months.

aaronson, G 97, TXFZ1 and 1 other person like this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Has anyone brought up using the ship in Yokohama to make plasma yet? I haven't read this thread.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I know, that's why I was wondering if anyone has suggested using the people on the ship. I mean, the Japanese have literally created the petri dish on that boat with their containment policy, they might as well use it.

WERA 904 likes this.
  19. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

Given your avatar, my brain first settled on the other kind of plasma. "Has anyone brought up turning the ship in Yokohama into plasma?" :confused:

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Things have been seemingly quiet the last few days....but it doesn't seem like they've been improving.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...night-alarming-prison-outbreak-reported-china

-Italy has 1st first COVID-19 death (again, they aren't saying if the victim is Asian, but I suspect that is why they aren't saying it).

-The number of cases in the US has jumped up to 35 now with the inclusion of 21 repatriated infected folks.

-A discharged patient in China somehow managed to become reinfected to I guess getting sick doesn't make you immune to re-infection unless they were hit by a different mutated strain?

-Lebanon has its 1st case