1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So anyway, about this coronavirus thing...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, that's the case. It's pretty insidious as mentioned above, average lifespan after diagnosis is only a year. Only a small percentage, single digits, ever survive a few years past diagnosis. Usually quality of life seems to disappear about half way through the year.

2. Montoya

Really sorry, still sending my condolences.

G 97 likes this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wait, Meredith is the name of your girlfriend (?) who passed away? You dropped that name in a couple of threads recently in ways that made me think that she was a current girlfriend.

My ex-girlfriend's father had one of those things. Awful way to go.

Damn. I hope they can buy her some good quality time.

G 97 likes this.
  4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah Meredith was my SO. I have a habit of talking about her in current terms. I like to use terms of “Meredith is” rather than “Meredith Was”. Crazy I know. She was my life partner and a beautiful human being. She could ride the wheels off my CRF150. LOL

Yeah, it is awful. I wouldn’t wish this on anyone. In the end it comes down to quality vs. quantity and in retrospect it was a blessing that she passed as fast as she did vs. just being there. That isn’t her.

SpeedyE and tony 340 like this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't think it's crazy. Everyone grieves in their own way.

SpeedyE and G 97 like this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Garth is crazy but that ain't one of the reasons.

SpeedyE and G 97 like this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I wanted to separate those two posts. Same reason I waited to ask if Killer is still among us.

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Tha
    Thanks man.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Meh, no doubt I’ve been blessed. Mom and Dad worked their asses off. Nothing special, nothing unique. Neither of my parents have college degrees, both born in Southern Illinois poverty. They had three babies at age 19. They sacrificed their life’s for us kids. In reality, not any thing above or beyond for the times. Point being, I’m well aware. I have no filter. I have little empathy. At least I’m honest, and no one will ever have to second guess where I stand etc. Good in some ways. Not so good in the majority of societies ways. I am who I am. Losing Meredith was and always will be a true Mother Fucker. You’re a good dude Mongo.

SpeedyE likes this.
  10. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA

I think the coffin dodgers are going to have higher risks though.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I saw that the mortality rate is lower than H1N1, SARS and some other panic pandemic I can't recall the name. I think the good ole regular flu has as much chance of killing you.

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

When we get actual real reliable non communist numerical FACTS on this we'll know what we're actually dealing with.

We don't know how many corpses have been cremated, how many have been chalked up to "other", how many are rotting in their apartments in Wuhan, ... we really don't know anything. And we won't unless and until it gets pandemic here.

Gorilla George likes this.
  13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

"As with other respiratory illnesses, infection with 2019-nCoV can cause mild symptoms including a runny nose, sore throat, cough, and fever. It can be more severe for some persons and can lead to pneumonia or breathing difficulties. More rarely, the disease can be fatal. Older people, and people with pre-existing medical conditions (such as, diabetes and heart disease) appear to be more vulnerable to becoming severely ill with the virus."

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019

14. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Maybe generally speaking, but if contraction of the illness is assumed, then no, NCoV is many times more lethal.

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

None of what you posted there is refuting anything though.

This info is based of the "controlled statistics" that China is releasing...this is all information that the rest of the world pretty much knows is completely inaccurate.

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/ch...-dont-add-and-white-house-doesnt-believe-them

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  16. Montoya

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

The photo I was looking for but couldn’t find...

[​IMG]

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Dear lord. :rolleyes:

20. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss:(

G 97 likes this.