1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So anyway, about this coronavirus thing...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Jan 21, 2020.

1. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

I'm more worried about bleeding to death from Ebola.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I hope you get better.

Robin172, twodocs and G 97 like this.
  3. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

His profile says he is a PA, but he makes a lot of posts implying he is a physician.

4. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

OK, Let's clarify here.

Nursing school? Uh, no, never had one nursing course.

For those that understand various degrees, I'm a PA-C
    The -C is Board certified.
    I have my own DEA license- as in prescribing.
    I usually work at clinics where I am the senior medical official in the building.
    I see the patient start to finish. Do all the H&P, Assessment and Plan.
    I order the tests when needed, evaluate them/read X rays, etc.
    Just like an MD/DO

HPPT- are you Andre? Didn't you try and say something like this on that other forum years ago?

sheepofblue likes this.
  5. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Maybe because I do what MD's do legally? I've never said I'm an MD/DO. I'm proud to be a PA-C.

I often have more experience on many things than some of the MD/DO's I've worked with.
    It's great when they come to me for advice, and yes, out of conversation, I sometimes ask their advice.

Don't let the word assistant in the title fool you- like it does so many others.

I mean really- I can even prescribe narcotics. Sometimes I do when appropriate.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have no idea who Andre is but I don't think I have posted on another forum in the past decade.

And by the way, asking if you are a nurse was not a slight on the profession. I don't think you exhibit the kind of judgment to be either, so it wasn't about that. :D

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  7. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Nice passive aggressive remark from my online presence.
    The Nurse Practitioner profession sort of parallels mine. No offense taken- I work with NP's often also.
    You have never met me. I didn't get all my degrees from a cereal box dude.

Back to the Corona virus:

Did someone mention that the only test for it right now is from the CDC only?

For Influenza A&B, we have a rapid test (about 15 min.- point of care), in the clinic.

It involves sticking a special nasal swab into either nostril WAY back, twirling it 5 times, then pulling it out. Patients love it LOL.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

K51000, sheepofblue and G 97 like this.
  9. G 97

G 97 Garth

:crackup:

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

You take one high speed motorcycle ride on the back roads and................

K51000 and Phl218 like this.
  11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Aren't you the guy that played chicken on your bike with a tractor?

Fascinating demonstration of cogent thought processes... :Poke::Poke::D

K51000 likes this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Internet isn't some alternate reality where personalities are different. The person typing the content is sitting right here, in real life. :D

13. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Do you really think any number reported by China is even remotely accurate? If so why, if not then the percentage cannot really be determined. Personally I doubt the numbers are even remotely close. The closures and actions (building two hospitals) don't seem to support the official numbers. Then if you add in the chance things like welding people into their homes and refusing to test for it.....

Just curious as you might have a better perspective due to what your wife hears. Hoping all of her family is safe and stays so.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

1,370 people have already died in China. At this rate the other 1,437,237,900 will also die.

15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

He was a giant amongst men.

MachineR1 and 1kk8 like this.
  16. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

I agree with your statements.
    My wife, who grew up during the Cultural Revolution- also agrees.
    I think most everyone feels it is under reported, the tales of Chinese western style medicine doctors being punished when trying to sound an alert, etc.

Her immediate family is safe, and usually in Nanjing. Although her sister- a multi-millionaire by our standards (Chinese stock market), does travel a lot. But they are fine presently.
    I pray for all those infected, and a speedy recovery if so.

sheepofblue likes this.
  17. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

We must have found Andre! What up dude?

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

19. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

I used to work for and First Assist a well known Heart Surgeon in Florida. One time I asked him about the survival rate of the 'Ross Switch' heart valve transplant procedure we had just performed.

His answer was:

'last time I checked, the human mortality rate is 100%' true story

G 97 likes this.
  20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

People who are scared to death of death sort of annoy me a bit I think......like militant vegans, they appear to me to be terrified of death, like eating a cheeseburger is going to immediately cut 10 years off your lifespan or something the way they frame it. Ever since the day you were born you've been dying just a little bit every single day :D

[​IMG]

K51000 likes this.