1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snowmobiles?

Discussion in 'General' started by burnham, Dec 9, 2019.

1. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I believe I read something last week that they were found.

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I want to find one of the dirt bike snowmobiles used in a few years when I move to colorado. They look like a blast.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Alive?

4. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

yes, close personal friend of over 20 years. Ski

zertrider likes this.
  5. skidooboy

selling ours 2012 yamaha wr450f, street legal title, clean low hours, with blue dirt wheels, and newer tires (ridden by my wife for the last 3 years) has 2016 timbersled stmh 120 kit. heated grips, fastway adventure pegs, fisher wide seat, front forks set up for snowbike... 6500

we bought the bike as a clean low hour used bike in 2015, rode it one year for a few trips on dirt, then converted it to snow. nice set up. Ski

Quicktoy likes this.
  6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

3 dead found.
    2 still missing.

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

My bad, I confused that with another story I had read. This was about snowmobilers lost in Montana.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, that's a rough way to go.

9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Ah nope. Not much of a growth market to spend the R&D time and money.

10. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Just a few years too soon. Great setup but unfortunately I’m still living in Florida. A KTM version is my dream bike one day.

11. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Wife and I road to Mac and also the ice bridge from Drummond to St Joseph Canada was a cool experience. other than the trip over was heavy blinding snow. st Josephs trails in the woods were pretty nice and full of wild life. road over had lunch at one of the harbor restaurants and back great time.

Canada check in you call the Soo from a phone box in a brick shed .
    usa check in had a tablet that froze mid check in and had to call Soo us LOL

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    Quicktoy likes this.
  12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Can you imagine how boring it would be driving a groomer?

R/T Performance likes this.
  13. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

I would bet not as boring as running a combine or tractor and plow.

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

You're probably right. It seems like the groomers work during the night. At least they have an appreciative following.

15. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

i am not sure on that there so slow......Really pretty close to same speed as plowing at least it's not in a circle

16. skidooboy

that and you are giving back to the sport you love, and now, they are getting paid in ontario. so, there is that. there is A LOT OF SKILL INVOLVED, it isnt just drag around a drag and you are good to go. temps, how deep to cut the mogul, what angle to set the curve hydraulics, how much pan pressure, speed etc... a good groomer operator can make or break a trail system. a bad groomer operator is just that, BAD. Ski

17. zertrider

Exactly. At least the scenery changes. Watching corn feed into the header can make for a long day, or night. And Skidooboy, I agree, helping with trail work is satisfying.

R/T Performance likes this.
  18. zertrider

Lake Nippising 20200302_180452_HDR.jpg 20200302_122422.jpg 20200302_180452_HDR.jpg Lake Wahnipitae near Sudbury 20200302_122422.jpg So just got back from 2.5 days of riding in North Bay Ontario. 700miles of great trails with a big 280 mile day Monday. Nothing beats riding along at 70-80mph a cresting hills with the skis in the air, and not having anyone around for miles.

Attached Files:

19. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Don’t you get cold ? are you using heated gear ? I did it once and had the full suit on and was all layered up but still
    Got cold after a couple
    Hours

20. zertrider

No heated gear. Hand and thumb warmers on the sled. Only time i get cold is once it gets to be around -30c. But that was due to lack of preparing. Hands are usually the first to get cold. Monday we were riding for a couple hours without gloves as it was a few deg above freezing.