1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snowblower. I need one. What's up?

Discussion in 'General' started by triplestrong, Nov 8, 2017.

1. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Wait a minute! :blart: After the holidays on only during the work week!!!

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well how did it work out?

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

It's above 50 degrees here, but finally got my blower put together.

Guaranteed it never fucking snows again.

Attached Files:

G2G, K51000 and code3ryder like this.
  4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Damn. Missed this one.
    Didn't get it unloaded and assembled until the snow was gone.
    That beyotch is heavy and I had no help.

So now I'm like...eff it...bring it on.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

You guys succeeded in chasing off the snow. Not a bad thing.

Nearly 50°F, in central IL, today. Just saw a flock of geese flying north. I think, they’re in for a rude awakening, come the first two weeks of February when we usually get sub-zero temps. Winter ain’t over yet.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your efforts at snow elimination through thorough preparation.

code3ryder likes this.
  7. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

We really wanted a white Xmas, but I done fucked up and got the snowblower before Xmas.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  8. ChemGuy

That Ariens is sweet. It threw the light stuff we have now a good 20 ft. Granted it was only 3-4 in maybe 6 in in a couple of drifted areas but it didnt flinch. Cleared 1000+ sq ft and the walkway in about 15 min.

If it keeps snowing ill do it again tomorrow am and be happy.

ducnut likes this.
  9. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Stop being so selfish and “blow” your immediate neighbor driveways and walk :)

10. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Amateurs [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

K51000 likes this.
  11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Show off. :D

12. ChemGuy

Shudup. And put of some drywall or something in your shop. We aint trying to snowblow and airport ramp

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  13. CRA_Fizzer

Polebarn came that way. Who the hell hangs insulation horizontal? And you should see the floor... Stucco is smoother.

14. ChemGuy

Damn. Thats concrete? I thought it was dirt floor.....lol

15. CRA_Fizzer

Yep, it's that bad...

16. Motofun352

Last snow srorm I ended up plowing half my gravel driveway into the field. So I lowered the feet on my plow 2" for this storm. What did we get? 2" of snow. FML.

K51000 likes this.
  17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Gravel driveways and plows don't mix. There's always a big mess to clean up come springtime.

18. CRA_Fizzer

Not true. You need to put the shoes down about an inch for the first couple snows to buildup a frozen base. Then all is happy. I have never tore up my gravel driveway.

19. Motofun352

I wish I could asphalt my drive. 25 years ago it was over 20 grand and I have a lot more surface area now. 40 to 50 grand buys a lot of gravel.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  20. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

So we’re s’posed to get some decent snow tomorrow, so of course I grab the machine from the shed (still never used it) and move it into the garage. Try to manually start it and was having some issues. Figure now’s as good a time as any to hook up the electric start (didn’t do it last year), so go looking for the manual. After ten minutes, I assume I threw it away like every other manual and go online to download it.

These motherfuckers (Ariens) tried to charge me $10 to download a pdf from their website. Man that left a shitty taste in my mouth and I decided on principle I wasn’t gonna pay it. Was able to figure out the manual starting (dar dee dar I had the key turned the wrong way), but still don’t have the electric start hooked up.

Fuck those assholes trying to charge for a pdf on a multi thousand dollar machine.