1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snowblower. I need one. What's up?

Discussion in 'General' started by triplestrong, Nov 8, 2017.

1. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

200 bucks on CL.

20191208_172404-02.jpeg

2. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Thanks to this thread I picked up used Ariens ST824 for $350. It was made back in the early 80s, 8hp and 24" wide.

Thing is built like a tank, no plastic whatsoever and weighs like 500 lbs. Also came with the plug-in style electric start which is a nice bonus.

Now that I bought one I'm pretty sure it will never snow again in northern NJ...

3. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

I like the modesty tarp covering up the race bike. Has that casting couch kind of vibe

4. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Just get one that has local support. The support is all that matters.

tony 340 likes this.
  5. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I had the same thought - pretty sure I’ll never see snow again now that I’ve bought a snowblower :rolleyes:

6. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Then it was money well spent and since you're less than 2 hours east of me, I thank you. :D

code3ryder likes this.
  7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

If you want to guarantee that you'll never see snow, buy a snowplow.....ask me how I know!

8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Could all just move south.

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Everybody down there keeps telling us they're full. :D

ducnut likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, no room sorry.

tony 340, YamahaRick and ducnut like this.
  11. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I’m heading that way this summer, so move over. :D

12. Banditracer

That's ok, I can deal with snow and cold much better than humidity. You're safe. :D

13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Some of you should have some envious neighbors, right now. We got ~4” last night, with 3”-5” more on the way. I’m the only snowblower on my street and I only clear one other neighbor’s drive. The rest are SOL. :D

14. code3ryder

I jinxed us by getting the snowblower. For sure we'd have a white xmas but I f'd it up.

15. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

You still got a week to go.

16. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Just used my 4 stroke Troy Built w/ electric start. Damn thing is several years old and fires right up every winter. Got it from Lowe’s.
    I store it w/ and empty tank and drain the carb float bowl. Every winter I just add gas, plug it in, press the starter, unplug and clear my driveway and patio. It’s awesome.

ducnut and code3ryder like this.
  17. code3ryder

fingers crossed

18. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Woke up this am with 4-5 in and its still snowing. Weather forecast is for snow and rain over the next several days. G'Dam Lake Michigan....

Ordered the Ariens 24" deluxe snow blower onlilne. Going to pick it up later today....

ducnut likes this.
  19. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

4-5 inches!? That shyt I'll melt by noon. :rolleyes: Pussy :Poke:

20. Banditracer

Wish we were getting that. We got ice, freezing rain yesterday and it's hanging right around 32 now, sick of slogging around in slop. I want it to be cold, get snow that stays. Want some real winter dammit !