1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snowblower. I need one. What's up?

Discussion in 'General' started by triplestrong, Nov 8, 2017.

1. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

And those of you that are recommending chains for the Snow Blower?

I've never felt I needed them on mine, and I've done some really deep >30 in. before. With the deep tread stock tires, and the slow speeds, I just don't see the need?

Just throwing that out there for those getting new blowers.

ducnut likes this.
  2. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

The Deluxe 24” are the same models at both stores.

HD show they offer a Classic 24” at my local store and it’s a smaller engine, doesn’t have Auto-Turn Technology, a little smaller housing, cheaper, etc. It’s very similar to my Compact 24”.

Either machine will be nice units.

3. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

You gotta’ do it once. You’ll enjoy it.

4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Totally agree.

K51000 likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Permanent relocation? Have them committed. Short term? Pay someone else to deal with it.

ducnut likes this.
  6. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Me either, no problems with fuel what so ever. 6 months might be terminal in hot climates, but in he bitter ass cold the fuel stores pretty well.

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That's about 70 miles south of me, you should come up at least once and try it. If you like riding a bike you'll love ripping on a sled. With the clothing today and heated grips cold isn't an issue. Only advice is if you come to that area do it during the week, weekends can get pretty crowded with all the out of town crazies. Not implying you're one... :D

8. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Oh they are. Trust me. The stories I hear mostly revolve around bar hopping on sleds and sketchy snow bunnies. When you see Jack Daniels trucks heading up your interstates, it's to supply these knuckleheads!

ducnut likes this.
  9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Unfortunately that's why there's usually a few accidents / deaths every year. Alcohol and fast sleds are a deadly mix.

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

You mean this one...
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ariens-...ectric-Start-Gas-Snow-Blower-920025/301858403

This is the classic...a little smaller motor (~20% smaller) less torque, smaller diameter blades and augers, no on board battery uses 120V to start, al gear bax vs cast iron.

Basically a smaller more lightly built version, kind of like daveK is a mini Mongo...lol

11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My two stages of snow removal are point and laugh then wait a day or two. I do kind of want an excuse for a good snowblower though :D

13. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

that's where I think we're in the middle. I work from home so if it's going to snow a bunch, I can handle a couple of passes with a single stage. But we got nearly 10 inches in a day a bit ago so there's that. I figure I'm a man so bigger has to be better. If there was enough room, I'd get a 2 stage and an electric baby one.

ducnut likes this.
  14. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

These elctric start models, are they like mine- hook up a extension cord to and hit a button, or do they have a onboard battery?

And once mines ran a time or two, I can nearly always pull start it. prime it, choke it, full throttle- vroom!

15. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Most I've seen are extension cord setups. Mine is, but it's old.

16. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I haven't seen one with a battery. I LOVE the 110v starter option. It spins the crap out of that thing. It always starts. Even in the worst weather.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    ducnut likes this.
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not knowing or caring what you guys are discussing makes me giggle.

18. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

'round these parts, we only need a sunshine blower. Sucka's.

19. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I feel like there's a joke about someone's sister in there.

20. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price