1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SnapOn ratchets

Discussion in 'General' started by DBConz, Sep 13, 2022.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

2. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

update on Snap On.

i sent them a set of wobble impact sockets, a few loose torx sockets, and some extremely worn chrome sockets.
    they shipped back all 25 of my sockets with a letter stating they're denying my claim for reasons noted below.

the reason noted below: other reason noted

called customer service and they said the entire claim was denied because there was no oil in the sockets. yup.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

tell them it was that new synthetic ....it flows really well

4. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

it's pretty shitty customer service. i was expecting better from them.

Craftsman has been flawless with replacements. no questions asked, no mailing old tools.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I would be returning those sockets again.

Through the front window, side window, a windshield, and any other place that had an opening...

6. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Never had a problem,they just warrantied a forty plus year old tool box handle that I broke through misuse. I was on the phone for a couple of minutes

he asked me serial number and if I was the original owner,had the handle and 2 quarter in ratchet kits in 4 days.I haven't been in the trade in over 25 years .

7. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i'm getting another tool back from them. given how quickly it was returned, i'm guessing it's another denied warranty claim.

my ratchet has been there for about 3 weeks.

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That’s disappointing. My neighbor bought some used snap on ratchets off eBay. I’ve been thinking of doing that too, because they feel nice and the craftsman quality of my replacement stuff isn’t that great. Plus the stuff at auto parts stores, and Home Depot doesn’t seem any better than the cheap Chinese craftsman tools.

But that seems like a bad idea now.

9. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i'll get them replaced from a truck. we all have friends that work at shops, so it's always doable. I tried to go the proper channel and deal with customer service, which i probably wont be doing much.

10. jdanhires

jdanhires Well-Known Member

I've had zero issues getting warranty replacements on single failed tools - ratchet with failed chrome, screwdriver that slipped, etc. I've never sent in 25 items though - I'm thinking they put you in the 'flea market buyer' pile and just looked for an excuse to deny the claim. Understandable, but just a hassle to go the truck route.

11. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

it was a set a few of each different socket sets. i get what you mean, but the chrome sockets were very rounded. they clearly didnt even look at what i mailed them.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah