1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SnapOn ratchets

Discussion in 'General' started by DBConz, Sep 13, 2022.

1. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

Yeah that's on your dealer. I had a 1/4" ratchet that the body was worn out to where it needed kitted way too often. Got a new one under warranty.

I have a customer who had a 1/2" drive Snap On ratchet from the 50s laying on his desk the other day to get warranteed.

YamahaRick and DBConz like this.
  2. jdanhires

jdanhires Well-Known Member

Maybe from a truck? I haven't had access to a truck in 25 years. I have a few SO tools I purchased used from the truck and friends I worked with. I have had zero issues getting anything warrantied. They'll generally just send a new equivalent tool and ask for the old one back. I'm sure they've gotten more strict with guys who send in a bucket of old tools they got at the flea market, but for people with older tools that have failed and don't abuse the system they seem pretty flexible.

That reminds me, I need to warranty a screwdriver.

John

3. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

This.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It had to be done. :D

Attached Files:

5. backho

backho Well-Known Member

I’m so sick of dealing with the big white rape wagon when it comes to warranty replacement. They’re always looking for abuse marks on the handles and such . WTF who hasn’t used a screwdriver for a pry-bar.

Boman Forklift and TurboBlew like this.
  6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

a local truck flat out refused to warranty because a 2mm piece of the tip on an 18" long flatblade broke off. I then asked how much to purchase a replacement tip... he said $100 & would have to order. :rolleyes:
    Crapsman & Husky are better in this regard

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

In the youtube thread, if looking for best bang for buck, the Gearwrench and Icon Pro ratchets are pretty impressive.

8. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i was able to get my SnapOn ratchet warrantied. it gave me motivation to contact Craftsman and get all my old clunky ratchets and worn hex sockets replaced as well.

Gino230 and BigBird like this.
  9. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

the big catalog just arrived at my doorstep. this could be trouble. think an OnlyFans page would generate more than selling a kidney?

jksoft likes this.
  10. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

This week, I just received a locking dual 80 3/8 ratchet with quick release. Total impulse buy since it was on sale in the Snap-On website.

I’m wondering where this dual 80 has been my whole life. And now, I’m pondering whether or not to convert the rest of my ratchets …

11. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I hate the flex head ratchets. I always grab for the regular first and try to make it work. Only as a last resort do I go back to the flex head.

skidooboy likes this.
  12. jdanhires

jdanhires Well-Known Member

Emailed SO customer service on Friday and had a UPS delivery of nice shiny new screwdriver on Tuesday. They don't want the old one back, either.

John

13. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

that's what happened to me. i got the 80-tooth torque wrench and now want everything 80-tooth

14. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I do agree, the flex head ratchets are annoying. Even the locking flex head has some wobble, but it’s only annoying when you’re really pulling on something.

15. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

They have a locking flex head now. It`s great!

R/T Performance and BigBird like this.
  16. backbone

backbone scarred for life

That's F'd up. I had my philips replaced in the handle about 10 times until the metal philips would sometimes turn inside the handle. They gave me a new philips. Although I liked the old handke better :)

17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I thought that was where you got your dates?:D

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I thought that was GRINDR?

NTTIAWWT. Or something.

19. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

For the non-automotive business owners out there, if you set up a corporate account with Snap On Industrial… you skip the truck, the truck warranty issues, and depending on how they categorize your business… may be able to purchase at costs below the wholesale rates of the franchise dealers. The franchise truck model is an egregiously expensive business model, which their retail price reflects.

20. backho

backho Well-Known Member

Those spring detent flex heads sag over like a stiff dick at a diesel dyke convention.