1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smog stuff removal for production/superstock class?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Ducky_Fresh, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Ducky_Fresh

Ducky_Fresh I liek cake.

Can I remove the smog stuff on my bike and it will still remain legal for the superstock class?

THanks!

2. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

If you really wanna nitpick, no.

3. Ducky_Fresh

Ducky_Fresh I liek cake.

Well I'd like to make the bike lighter if at all possible. But under no circumstance do I want to give someone a reason to protest me and DQ me.

So I'll leave it there if it's not legal to remove it.

I do want to lighten the rear rotor, which according to the rule book appears to be legal? Interesting.

4. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Not much you can do within the SS rules to lighten the bike.. you're probably better off lightening yourself.

5. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

lmao My bike had no smog or other bs on it. I raced WERA F.T. and the GNF with AMA. No one said a thing. No one is gonna give a shit....

6. gixxie750

gixxie750 Well-Known Member

I have had other racers come over and "make sure" i wasnt in ss class cause they saw my brembo from across the pits???? Some people do care greatly lol. I think its all rider till some point.

7. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Well, a master cylinder is a different matter.. I might get my panties in a wad about a Brembo. Smog stuff, not so much.

8. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Drama yo! lol

9. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Smog stuff can be removed and the bike remains SS. Hopefully Sean will weigh in here because its been discussed a number of times before with the comment that the rule book would be updated to address this.

10. Europa

Europa Open The Throttle

Go on Take it off I wont tell anybody or protest you. Your secret is safe here!....:crackup:

11. Ducky_Fresh

Ducky_Fresh I liek cake.

12. Europa

Europa Open The Throttle

Just kidding buddy, I dont think it should be a problem. Where is the performance gain? If it is not allow it is truly a silly rule.