1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

small 2 stroke bikes??

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by KILLA1, Jun 1, 2009.

1. KILLA1

KILLA1 Orange Suzuki = MY HERO

besides the NSR 50 an the ysr 50 wut other bike models are out there?!!

getting my son into racing an am in the market for something like this!

[email protected]

2. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

How old is he and what experiance does he have?

3. KILLA1

hes been riding the dirt since 5 he is 11 now!

started on a pw50 moved up to a kx65 - he has riddin xr50's an my sdg107 also

he has done 2 trackdays on an sdg107 with supermoto tires on it! we have the mini gp at NJMP which does the trackday on the go cart track an the races!

he had his first race last week an he started last(10th) an finished 6th!

he took a half inch of the left peg an 1/4 inch off the right :Dwant to get him something that will suit him right!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  4. Chinybaby

Chinybaby Well-Known Member

I'm curious to know his weight and height. As an adult I'm tiny LOL and always wanted to ride/race an NSR or YSR size bike but with a bigger engine

5. KILLA1

he's about 90lbs an maybe 4'5" he is rather tall for an 11 year old - considering his father is 6'7"

my plan is to put in an 80 motor after he gets acustom to riding it!!!

so wut other types are out there?

jus NSR an YSR????

6. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I have 2 RS 85 conversions and 2 RS125s for sale. Will hopefully post pics tonight. Tdub

7. KILLA1

send pics to [email protected]

wish you were closer to NJ also :(

8. turner38

I would recomend motarding a 85 for him, RM or YZ on 17" wheels using 125 slicks. Something similar to this,

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  9. KILLA1

i think i would rather have an nsr or a ysr :up:
    but ultimately price will drive my purchase!

10. KILLA1

nobody has answered my question tho - are there any other mini's out there or jus the NSR an YSR???

11. Chinybaby

I'd like to see pictures as well :p

12. Chinybaby

The Aprilia RS50

13. KILLA1

me first :p

an thanx for answering me also :up:

14. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Not really, and I wouldn't consider either of those anyways, unless you're racing in a YSR only class. Do what Turner said, that's by far the best option. My son started out on a KTM65 at 8, then a CR85 a year later, and is now riding an RS125 at age 10. Most mini orgs have lots of classes. YSRs simply aren't competitive. Check out www.semra.org. We race in the south east, but we're a good source of info. I know there are groups that race up there, and I know they do lots of racing at NJMP and Beaver. Of course, if you're going to race the mini class with WERA, buying one of those RS85s from Tryce (Tdub) is easily your best bet. His bike and former rider hold ALL WERA mini records in the SE.

Caleb on his 65:
    [​IMG]

85:
    [​IMG]

125:
    [​IMG]

15. turner38

You would be better off with a Zuma.:D

16. KILLA1

he rode one of those already :p

i already started lookin at the 85's - an PM'd tdub :up:

17. Chinybaby

Not a problem, I have no funds to buy at this time. I'm a small rider and have always been fascinated with small bikes :beer:

18. mark cook

mark cook Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about getting my son into mini racing (he's 13), and have been considering options.
    I know where I can get an RS50 with blown motor, or should I just have him ride his kx85 for a while?
    If the latter, where can I get a set of rims for his KX?
    Thanks!
    Mark

19. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Sorry I couldnt answer sooner guys, I was at the shop. I am going to try and post pics later tonight.

20. 02R6

02R6 The dude abides

If you're dead set on a mini I would go with either an NSR or a Metrakit. If not, see above. But it sounds like you might have something worked out. Either way, good luck!