1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slipper Comparison

Discussion in 'Tech' started by steadyeddie, Jul 31, 2009.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Zoran,
    Did you do the last WERA weekend? If so, how did the clutch hold up?

Also, I'm switching to a 1st gen clutch cover on my 2nd gen. What's the issue with the oil sight window??

2. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Yes, I did, solo race, couple sprints and practice. Bike worked good. I did not take it out yet and have another track day on monday.
    Oil window will be low so mark oil level. Your top level line on 1st gen cover will be actually mid between lines. Window is about 5mm lower on 1st gen.

3. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

sounds like the clutch is holding up! thanks!

4. TWF2

Yep, holding up with no problems. Just took it apart after trackday yesterday and Vegas race. No sign of wear at all. Here is pic, there is line on picture from light reflection. Plate looks perfect.

Attached Files:

5. TWF2

btw. just noticed my post about oil window is wrong. window is higher, oil level when full will be lower in window.

6. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

Unacceptable Zoran. I expect better from you. :p

7. TWF2

Measure it yourself :D

8. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

Touché.

[​IMG]

9. steadyeddie

steadyeddie Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update Zoran. Now we just have to convince someone that this is why they failed and how easy it is to fix.

10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Back from the dead. I'm going down this road once again. I see they have a new slipper that comes with a basket and adds plates. Has anyone tried one of those?

11. Razors Edge

Razors Edge Banned

I purchased a Yoyodyne slipper clutch for my 08 GSXR 750 . Right off the batt I started having problems . Launches were horrible . The clutch would grab bad . I called Fred . Nice guy . Very helpful . Once I got to rolling , I love the way the Yoyodyne performed . But after a season , it was almost impossible to find nutural . No matter how I adjusted it , still the same problem . I measured the clutch stack and all was good . I never could get it to launch smooth , nor find nutural . I eventually pulled the Yoyodyne and installed the OEM clutch . Anyone else experience these problems ?

12. Razors Edge

Razors Edge Banned