1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slicks

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by LMcCurdy, Jul 22, 2001.

1. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Got a 96 RS 125 coming in a few weeks. Need to know what slicks work best. I like Michelin but don't if they have a tire to fit. Any ideas. Thanks.

2. Davide DeAngelis

Davide DeAngelis Active Member

Call Walt Schaefer he is the Michelin king he can answer all of your question with out a dought. If he cann't answer it nobody can! His phone # 256-538-5906 and he has a large inventory and is easy to deal with

3. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

I know Walt. I used to buy Hi-Sports from him in the late 80s. Did'nt know he was still in the tire business. I'll give him a call. Thanks for the info.

4. Weezer # 1

Weezer # 1 250 GP'er

I am in the process of going between Dunlops and Michelins. I am going to try one more set of Michelins before I decide. Then again, it may all depend on contigency next year....if not....I'll let you know.

Eric

------------------
    Eric
    Ft Worth, TX
    # 377

5. projekt9

projekt9 der Klugscheißer

Bridgestones.

Excellent consistent grip, long wear.

6. rodnex

rodnex Member

That's an easy one.
    Forget about the Michelins & Tombstones.

Save yourself the hard lesson and buy what the majority of the fast guys/gals in the US are running, and what the HRC factory sells the RS125 with.

D U N L O P. http://www.dunlopracing.com/

Dunlops are cheap 'n' sticky(remember that 80's hair band?).

*My opinion* You will not find a better tire regardless of price.

7. Wera#124

Wera#124 Well-Known Member

Good one...LMAO [​IMG]

As for slicks, IMO...just a matter of preference and riding style. (prefer Michelins myself)

8. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member

In my experience, Michelins take forever to warm, on a cool day especially. Told that they only make one compound, I defected to Dunlop. Don't use tire warmers, rather ride on the proper compound rubber that's going to get sticky on the warm up lap. Two tires I like are the Bridgestone softs and the Dunflop B compounds. They work well and last well for me and allow me to charge right off the green flag.

Jack

9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

bridgestone has new tires that are coming in fro japan. should be here this week. its the stuff the world gp bike developed, you know where they will most all of the 125 races. and not only are they great tires, they only cost $240 a set. shipped to you. let me know if you have any questions