1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleeping advice with Broken Collar bone and ribs...

Discussion in 'General' started by TLR67, Oct 31, 2018.

1. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

Depending on how bad the break is I would avoid any Advil (anti-inflammatory) if at all possible.

2. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Well, After I saw you come back to the pits with the broken collar bone I wanted to one-up you and went out and broke 3 left ribs and right hand! So there! Worst pain I have ever experienced. Wiping my own rear end finally became an option yesterday, with pain though. I also find out tomorrow if they put those turds back in line or let them heal. I cant survive this without Norco and Ibuprofin every 6 hours. For night time, I stop taking Norco and take sleep medicine Dr prescribed called Trazidone. That keeps the painful wakeups to a minimum. Hope you recover fast. I dont see how these ribs will heal in place on their own without surgery. Im screwed.

Attached Files:

3. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

ive been hearing this more and more lately, that NSAIDs can slow bone healing.

anyone see any legit sources about this?

4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I hear fentanyl is pretty awesome :D

noles19 likes this.
  5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Damn man.... Hope for the best for you.... must have been a tough trip back...

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

check.....

7. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

I have 2 well known ortho's in DFW that told me. Didn't think I needed anything else.

8. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Don't know if you have the "man bra" x brace, but I read "sling" so assuming the stuck arm in it kind? Man bra was a great relief to me. Slept in a big chair for weeks with the collarbone/rib deal. Also took" oyster shell" tablets. Not sure how effective, but I healed pretty fast and raced 6 weeks to the day later, still weak and a bad idea. I was younger then too! Good luck and speedy recovery!

9. -Eric-

-Eric- Well-Known Member

I've had my ortho tell me this as well. With hating the Norco like every one else, and the PITA of getting them refilled, I used the strongest non narcotic I could get last time I needed them. Trammadol?

But I agree with the thc gummy suggestion

John Branch likes this.
  10. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Recliner, stay away from the drugs, if you absolutely must nothing stronger than benadryl.

11. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

that has come to my attention recently also. seems the Drs orders are conflicting as of late. have they overcome the issues in a peer review yet?

12. John Branch

John Branch 90125

The x sling that goes around both shoulders and you tighten works wonders for broken collarbone ! And I have broken about 10 things in my life and the collarbone was one of the most painful breaks! Pills never took pain away enough to really justify taking! Again THC and some emu oil works for me and dealing with all the lingering affects of broken bones from years of abuse:clap:

13. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Mine looked like that too and they healed fine without any help. (just lots of pain and discomfort)

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Acute Inflammation is the body's response to injury, increasing bloodflow to the area to facilitate repair and recovery. It's a good thing and should not be discouraged with use of anti-inflammatory drug except on a limited basis for things like rehab workouts.

Chronic Inflammation is the bad one. This is a systemic inflammation brought on by overall poor health, poor diet, lack of exercise, etc.

JBraun and wrx_02 like this.
  15. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

I've been dealing with a broken leg for 2 years. (8mm gap to close)
    From talking with both of my doctors if the break was set or touching then he wouldn't even mention it.
    If there is any gap you can see on the xray then he highly advises against is as you will usually need something stronger than Advil anyway. Same goes for Meloxicam (spelling).

16. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Rent a hospital bed.

jrsamples likes this.
  17. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Assuming there's no dependency issues, take the damn pills. All of them. Also cannabis helps if it's accessible to you.

Healing is not about reducing inflammation as much as it is rebuilding. It's more important to take a pain killer that reduces perceived pain, thus cortisol production and allows you to sleep and recover than it is to take an antinflammatory.

rocalotopus likes this.
  18. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

THIS.

have a grown-up that knows their stuff make you some proper brownies.

19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Demerol FTW.

Followed by morphine and all the other opioids. Drink a beer with the weak ones.

Heal up ribs suck bad

20. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

Put some Tussin on it

Jedb likes this.