1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleeping advice with Broken Collar bone and ribs...

Discussion in 'General' started by TLR67, Oct 31, 2018.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:I was waiting to see who would take that shot...

But seriously, even I do not like me when I take opioids. The good thing is I know I would never get addicted to them as I absolutely hate how they make me feel.

2. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

avoid drugs, but avoid opioids at all costs!

rocalotopus likes this.
  3. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

PM sent Marc

TLR67 likes this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do you have a game console? I would try to play until I pass out.

5. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Sage advice.

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've never done ribs but always heard they really suck. This thread confirms it.

7. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Whiskey, drugs, don't sneeze or cough. Hang upside down like a bat tonight. See if you can fall asleep that way

TLR67 likes this.
  8. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

forgot to mention Advil PM, they work pretty good on me. has some extra ingredient for sleeping.

9. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

its just diphenhydramine, which is the active ingredient in benadryl and can be bought much more affordably as a generic

10. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

11. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

I dont do the generic stuff. chances are its made in mexico/pakistan/china. not worth the few bucks saved or the who knows whats in it.

12. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yeah, not to mention the subliminal Illuminati messages on the box.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. Phl218

Phl218 .

just had 5 of them yesterday, decided to let it be.

pain went away rapidly and high was ok. but i have a buzzing headache today despite drinking several liters of water [quarts - LOL]

interestingly, the hydrocodone didn't help at all with the pain.

14. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

toughen up Buttercup!!!

TLR67 likes this.
  15. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

when they first came on the scene I was prescribed them for something, cant remember what, probably a collarbone but I remember taking them and for the first time I learned what the phase 'making your skin crawl' meant so I didnt take anymore after that first dose.

have learned alot about them lately though. I feel lucky that I didnt like them now.

hows your injury going? gonna heal itself or require tools?

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

Gonna know friday. As of now, i’d feel ok to let it heal with a good brace, but a proper fix sounds appealing too. Let’s see

deepsxepa and jrsamples like this.
  17. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Last ribs I broke recliner was the only option for me along with pain pills (back in 2006). Couldn't sleep without the meds for the first 2 or 3 weeks then weaned myself off of them. With my shoulder surgery I as able to sleep in a bed on my right side, left arm was in a sling and I put a second pillow under my left hand to keep pressure off the shoulder. No 100% way to be pain free, unfortunately you just have to suffer through it.

TLR67 likes this.
  18. damiankelly

damiankelly Well-Known Member

Busted my collarbone got plated - did not take pain meds but took AMBIEN to sleep- doctor prescribed stuff worked great...

19. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

IMO, sleep is more important than your aversion to pain meds. take them responsibly and ull be fine. I take vicodin (norco, hydrocodone) to take the edge off bad injuries and percocet (oxycodone) to pass out. some people respond more strongly to one over the other.

oh, and pain meds work better when u are actually in pain. so u can take less.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And get a flu shot. With busted ribs flu is a sure fire way to abject misery.