1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sinuplasty?

Discussion in 'General' started by gpz11, Dec 4, 2013.

1. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

So anybody have this done?

I'm under the balloon so to speak on the 20th.

The doc said it's nothing like when they did the roto rotor job on my nose back in '06.

In Friday AM and back to work on Monday.

http://www.balloonsinuplasty.com/

2. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Haven't had one, but I did design a device for that procedure a while back. It seemed pretty interesting.

3. vini

vini Well-Known Member

Looks like a good choice for mild cases i've had the other one like you where they just cut the hell out of everything. I've gone back to see if there were other options my doc did not talk about this one. My concern is that my nasal polyps have grown back after 7 or so years. This does not look like a permanent fix more like a temporary one.

4. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

I opted not to have the surgery since this is a common outcome. I was told that the recovery time from the surgery was long, and "frankly, not worth it." <---Per the doctor.

5. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

I've already had my deviated septum fixed along with some sinusitis surgery, that was the worst week of my life.

Now I get sinus infections like every 6 months or so and that's with doing the sinus rinse every morning.

That gets old VERY quick.