1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

single rear plates looked great at roebling

Discussion in 'General' started by hazbin69, Apr 3, 2007.

1. hazbin69

hazbin69 forgot'n crewman

just got of photoshooters.com and kudos go out to the #12,77,82,103,713.tail peices looked clear easy to read!!!!!!good move sean some of the other bikes are starting to look like hyrogliphics...jumbled numbers

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, they look great in pictures and suck for everything else.

They're not here to stay.

3. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

anybody got a picture of one in action?

4. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I saw that on Haga's bike last year. Then when I went to Daytona last month, I saw them on quite a few bikes on pit lane. I don't know how they can be easily read by track personnel, I sure couldn't read them. Neither could my friends from the Sea Dunes who actually came to see the race this year. They heard the rider's numbers on the PA, but they couldn't spot which bikes were being mentioned from the grandstand.
    LRRS Tech already has the heads up on this, it won't happen up here.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm allowing it this year as a test in Endurance, it won't last.

6. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I found the opposite true when they came by on the banking. When they would go by in other places it was no different to me than trying to pick out numbers on the side of some of the newer tails. This is an observation not really an opinion though.;)

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm sure it looked great on the tilted track from the infield, not so good from the front straight stands....

8. Johnny B

We don't have banking up here! The tail sections are already a bone of contention without turning the numbers sideways. It was pointed out that 6" numbers were easier to read than 8" ones on the same surface. Then somebody mentioned Mike Baldwin's old bike with the numbers on the fairings. Someone else linked to a picture of Rolfo's and Toseland's numbers.

Linky.

9. starbellied

starbellied Well-Known Member

how come when I go to that site it says the photos are still in processing? i wanna see!!!

10. hazbin69

bull cocky they look clearer than a gsxr with a 3digit number sideways twice...even the number 1 on a gsxr tail twice looks cobby!!!!!photoshooters did a nice job in my research thank you.

11. hazbin69

stands? how many wera tracks have stands full of spectators....most scoring towers are elevated

12. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

I like that! Do it herbie the love bug style on the fairing. Let the rider pump sponsors on the podium. That or start putting dirtbike plates on the tailsection

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, while I appreciate your opinion on all things asthetic, the single number plates do not work for roadracing in the US. That is a simple fact, and they will not be allowed on bikes in WERA competition. I'll give the Endurance bikes one more shot at Barber but odds are good after that they will need to be changed as well.

14. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

or on the swingarm! :D

I like the look of numbers on the side. Only potential drawback would be for those lucky enough to have sponsorship since it may take away from available area up front.

15. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

I wish your posts were clear easy to read.

:confused:

16. hazbin69

Allowing It In Endurance Only This Year ...that Tells Me In 08 We'll Have To Paint Bikes Different ,ok With That...not After Barber..

17. hazbin69

mongo said "yes only for endurance" before season...my fault

18. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

For the fronts/tails of todays bikes, I'm glad Mongo is the decision maker. I could not hand score a race to save my life. How about the guys that do the "thinking about Arby's hats" put a bubble above the rider with the number on it. :D

19. Johnny B

That would be the LRRS requirement if they can't do it any other way.

20. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

If tail sections keep going the way they are, by 2009 there won't even be anything past the riders backside. Looks like the way the Ten Kate machines are with the numbers on the side fairings could be a good alternative. Plenty of space there. I would hate to see us forced to use dirt bike plates on the tail sections. With all the rubbing we got goin' on anymore, I can see them coming off and smackin people goin' down the straights.