1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silent tribute to fallen racers

Discussion in 'General' started by jigmoore, Nov 8, 2005.

1. MG - 242

MG - 242 Member

Suffering from CRS - can anyone remember the date? This was one of the toughest and after doing this for 25 years, I've seen too many:(

2. Max Vander Lind

Max Vander Lind New Member

Fallen Racers

Joey Giddari was a flash started winning from the git go. Joey went down in turn 3A Sears Point, that's right Sears Point not Infineon. Joey made the cardinal mistake thought he was sliding slow enough to stand up. Don't stand up untill the corner workers tell you to, I loved watching Joey out in front or next to me. He was just fun. His best friend came back a year to the day, raced one time for Joey, he whipped us all, one time for Joey.....Rooster AFM 709,286 then 44.

3. pucksdown

pucksdown WERA #9

Trent Policky. One minute he was our slowest street rider and the next he was racing. Crashed in South Carolina at a WERA practice in 03. He is still missed due to his love for making AMA races such hospitible parties.

4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Sutton and Holly (dont know last names)
    Barber (not sure of exact location)
    May 2009

#137 Howard Fitzcharles IV
    My father, mentor, and best friend
    Former WERA HWT Mid-Central Novice Champion
    Dec. 7, 1962 - May 15, 2009
    Heart attack
    still the first thing i think about when i wake up and last thing i think about when i go to bed:(

5. pucksdown

pucksdown WERA #9

Sutton Chandler. Between turns 6 and 7.

6. jrockcolors

jrockcolors Well-Known Member

Chad Sisler
    Summit point June 7th 2009

7. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

I was Chad's Race School instructor last year. It was a pleasure to have him in class and I will miss seeing him at the track.

Here's a shot of us lined up for the Mock Race (Chad is in the front row center, gray bike. I'm #311 front row.) We run instructors and control riders in the Mock Races to give the students a a realistic feel for the racng environment.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rubberchickenracinggarage/4153060798/

(the photo is too big to open here)

R.I.P. Chad.

Good on Shiloh for carrying on. You go, girl!

8. lwikle

lwikle Member

Ted Boody...........ascot (80's) 1/2mile
    Jay Ridgeway.......DuQuoin 1977 mile
    Ken Pressgrove.....Louisville Downs 1970 1/2mile
    Dub Terry............Athens Al mid 60's 1/2mile

9. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Damn Mike, sorry I didn't see this...It woulda been a Spring Nelson race, May something, maybe very early June? I've always been good at not remembering those sorts of dates...Your wife was a real trooper that day.

10. BC

BC Well-Known Member

It was in 1992. A racer I became friends with had purchased Chris's 400 from his family, and raced it in 93.

11. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

God, it was that long ago? Yeesh, yeah I guess so...Bad day...

12. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Spoke to him as we were gridding up for that fateful race. Came up on the scene seconds after it happened, like the accident scene on "Days Of Thunder", driving through the smoke.

Godspeed, my friend.

13. WERA74

Richard Britton, Kells, 2005
    Ollie Bridewell, Mallory Park, 2007

Richard was the peoples champion and a dear friend. I will never forget his appreciation for Krispy-Kreme doughnuts, Daytona 2004. The Krispy-Kreme ball cap I got him was displayed on his coffin. Last hangover I had was spent driving home from Daytona after spending the evening with Richard and Davey, his mechanic. He thought it was crazy to drink tea over ice, LOL!

Godspeed, my friend.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  14. WERA74

Was pitted with him that day. He complained of fatigue and was sweating. Offered him a drink and suggested he relax. Hearing the news after I got home that day was like being hit with a brick.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  15. wingnutks

wingnutks Well-Known Member

Alot of sorrow, but also alot of love in this thread...

I just started riding the track, so I have not had to experience such tragedy yet. I used to live in Hawaii, and surfing was a big a part of my life as racing is for you guys. I was at Pipeline surfing one afternoon, while sitting on the beach I watched a young man take a pretty heavy tumble over the falls... the young man died on the beach infront of his mom and dad... was the worst thing I have yet to witness. When you lose someone to the thing you love, that thing loses its innocence and will never be the same again.

16. WERA74

Did our website when I was working for WOW. Put all my racing info and pictures up there. Testament to the idea that only the good die young.

17. bblath

bblath Guest

:(

18. Quig

Quig Well-Known Member

Ugh... I hate making this list...

In Chronological order. :(

Brian Saunders; Street '01

Chuck Bartlett; Street '02

Nate 'Newt' Lynch; Street '03

Jesus Amezcua; Willow Springs RRW 250/50. '06

John-Mark Arechiga; Buttonwillow '08

Poncho Spain; Willow Springs. '09

All are missed to this day... :beer:

19. rick burdick

rick burdick Rick122

My brother Bobby,street bike accident, dec. 15,1977
    Not a day goes by that he is not thought of,especially this one.

20. UberRacing

UberRacing Well-Known Member

+ Chris McCauley; Willow Springs '07