1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sick of bikes?

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex_V, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Anyone got completely burned out on bikes? Long story short, but since I can remember as a kid I always wanted a moped/scooter/motorcycle... Always had that drive.

Now being 38, and for as long as I can remember I always had one or more bikes. I commuted to school, did mountain rides every weekend, then trackday, then racing TZ's, then racing enduros, then long distance touring, commuted to work almost daily...

And today, I realized that I am completely loosing interest. WTF is going on? Anyone had this backwards mid-life crisis?

Thinking about selling all my street bikes, and just doing the Jeep thing and sailing. Maybe some new hobby will take over.

Few old timers no longer show up on the BBS. Same shit happened?

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

No.

How can you go from racing TZ's to having no interest in motorcycles? That is really messed up, dude.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

4. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Exactly, I have no idea. Just loosing any remaining interest. It's very strange.

I was thinking about getting a Grome and doing random hooliganism, but i have no interest in new bikes, RC and 900RR are already for sale. Thinking about even selling my Tiger. Both TZ's 250/125 are a permanent living room ornament, and I am intending to keep them that way until the bug bites again.

5. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Feeling like a woman?

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fine. He raced tZ's

7. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Lost interest in street riding. Although getting hit by a hit and run driver does help that decision.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Perhaps I didn't have the bug as bad as some, I "lived the scene" for over a decade. Got to the pinnacle of my meager accomplishments, looked at the red ink and called it a day. I've made annual pilgrimages to BIR since then to spectate and see if the urge struck me, but it just plain doesn't.

Do what you want, fuck anyone's expectations.

RedReplicant likes this.
  9. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I never had any bad accidents street or on track. Knocking on wood, but got lucky I guess. Dodged donkeys in Mexico, bus drivers head on in my lane, ridiculous weather in the middle of nowhere US of A, riding in the snow. And I had a blast. Now I just can't be bothered.

10. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I'm track only motorcyclist, and that's been pretty minimal in the last several years. $$$ and time at a minimum for it, and being way out of shape right now. Lots of other things to do in the mean time.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Damn! I was on my way to posting a link to that thread.

12. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I don't think so. Sex change is not on my bucket list ))

And I loved it, some of my best friends are from the times at the track

Not sure if I follow, low what?

I am not to worried about expectations. Today was a beautiful day in ATL, and instead of riding I took my Jeep to some trails.

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Post it.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Then you've answered your question. Do what makes you grin. Get your mud on and fondly reminisce about the bean oil days. :D

beac83 likes this.
  15. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Yeah, absolutely planning on doing what puts a smile on my face. Just disappointed that my best hobby is fading away. Not even a clue why. I was planning to keep riding as long as I could walk, but it is no longer the case.

pickled egg likes this.
  16. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

So sell the bikes and play in the mud with the Jeep. If the urge comes back, go buy a bike. They will always be plentiful. Listen to what moves you. Who cares what others think.

rk97, Scotty87, madkaw and 4 others like this.
  17. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Interests change over a lifetime. I used to ride every day, rain or shine or snow didn't matter. I didn't even own a car for two or three years. Now I might ride a couple of times per month, or it might sit in the garage for three or four months at a time. I still enjoy riding when I do it, I just don't want to do it every day anymore.

18. Br1anbuck

Br1anbuck Well-Known Member

Same here. Gave up street riding, then track riding with the bike. Got a waverunner, a Jeep, and a Mustang GT that I now do track days with to get my track fix.

19. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Same here. I've had a bike every year since my first in 2000, but the last year or two I barely ride.

I love my R1 street bike and really don't want to sell it, but I think I might have ridden it three times this year. The race bike I took out once this year and was slow. I sold the Zuma, and the only thing I actually rode was the Grom.

I don't know why either but it's weird considering bikes were my obsession for a large chunk of my life.

20. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

Do what you want, kind of hard to believe since there are so many different ways to ride though. Different strokes for different folks.