1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should We Care

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by guerrilla, Oct 29, 2003.

1. guerrilla

guerrilla Real King of the Jungle

That P DIDDY is running a "sweatshop" in Honduras?

Rumor has it that the poor workers in the Honduras "sweatshop" that produces the SEAN JEAN and ROCAWEAR clothing lines only make 24 cents for every $50 sweatshirt they sew??? Sounds terrible???

Consider the fact that the AVERAGE income in Honduras is $660.

That means a worker needs to make 1.32 Sweatshirts an hour to make the average salalry???? After they make the 1.32 sweatshirts in an hour what do they do the other 45 minutes?

The report also states people are FORCED to work 10 or 11 hour days or else they will be fired???? I had guys on my lines here that were FORCED to work 12 Hours Days Monday through Friday then 8 hours a day EVERY WEEKEND for nearly 6 months straight????

WTF????

SWEATSHOP?

The only issue I might have is forcing the ladies to take pregnancy tests? However, it is possible that the factory was looking out for their safety? A lot of the chemicals used in the DYEING process of clothing can be hazardous?

Is this really a "STORY"?

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not if you wear Nike, Ralph Lauren or your leathers were made other then in Italy, the US or Japan.

3. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Should We Care

Add Levis to the list. The jeans that are American as the flag are made overseas, just closed (or are closing) the last US manufacturing facility :D

4. Raeron

Raeron New Member

Do they want usto care?

Do the workers in those countries want us to care? They need the work and may be willing to put up with the cirmustances. I think if the company is run by a "respectable" company, associated with the US, they should at least make good working conditions.

There are work unions in Brazil that have begun to make their workers wear diapers, so they do not need to take as many bathroom breaks... now that is going TOO far!

I do not think we should pull the work out of these countries, but we need to treat people like human beings and not like animals.

For Puffy to say he did not know is irresponsible That is his company!

5. mad brad

mad brad Guest

Re: Do they want usto care?

did roger re-invent himself? who is the bleeding heart commie? no one works with a gun pointed to their head. :rolleyes:

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Re: Re: Re: Should We Care

So are most of the flags.:Poke:

7. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Re: Re: Do they want usto care?

Yes, i have reinvented myself. I'm the guy in the dirty overalls and no shirt who moved in next door to your still.

Elmore

8. mad brad

mad brad Guest

Re: Re: Re: Do they want usto care?

touch it, and get yer ass shot of. hear me boy? ;)

9. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Re: Re: Do they want usto care?

You think people are willing to work in sweatshops because if they didn't like it, they could go work somewhere else? That argument wasn't valid 150 years ago and it still isn't now.

And doesn't it seem a bit hypocritical (or at least pointless) to pass laws in your own country and then turn a blind eye to companies that evade those laws merely by moving production elsewhere? Why not abolish minimum wage, child labour laws etc. and make America competitive again?

10. mad brad

mad brad Guest

Re: Re: Re: Do they want usto care?

what do you care?

11. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Re: Re: Re: Re: Do they want usto care?

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Rodger Doyle

Yes, i have reinvented myself. I'm the guy in the dirty overalls and no shirt who moved in next door to your still.

Elmore
    Sorry, i heard an ambulance and was distracted.

what i meant to say was "I'm the guy in the dirty overalls and no shirt who moved in next door to your still rapidly appreciating mansion with the in-ground pol and 5-car garage."

12. mad brad

mad brad Guest