1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharkskinz bodywotk

Discussion in 'General' started by 01wj, Feb 25, 2020.

1. 01wj

01wj Well-Known Member

After a really bad crash I need to replace my tail on my R6. Contacted one place and they wanted $75 to ship just the tail which seemed a bit high to me just for the tail. STG no longer carries Sharkskinz. Any places anyone can recommend?

2. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

That's what turned me away from Shark skins as well. The shipping was nutz. Ionemoto is the only place I know of.

3. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Huh? Who did you contact? Sharkskinz directly?

Does it have to be Sharkskinz? Replacing a tail section typically isn't dependent on having a matching set like uppers/lowers.

badmoon692008 and rice r0cket like this.
  4. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I would call STG and they ship for free and carry armour bodies which is good stuff.

5. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

I ordered a Sharkskinz upper through SBU. Shipping was reasonable (20-ish iirc?), but it's still just a drop ship from Ionemoto, which was funny. Maybe they want to drive all their business through their distributors rather than take the higher margins?

I spoke with Ionemoto before to see if they offer crash replacement discounts and they wouldn't budge on anything.

I have that paired w/ an Armour Bodies tail.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what kind of r6 tail? sbk?

7. 01wj

01wj Well-Known Member

Nah it doesn't have to be Sharkskinz, I would just rather it be since the rest of the bodywork is and the draft pan isn't damaged so I figured it would save buying another one of those since it would bolt right up.

8. 01wj

01wj Well-Known Member

I'll check out SBU. I don't mind paying a bit extra for the Sharkskinz since the fitment and quality is awesome, but holy he!!, $75 for shipping a tail seems like gouging to me. I hate to see what they charge to ship a full set of bodywork!

9. 01wj

01wj Well-Known Member

How is the fitment with armour bodies? I tried it about 10 years ago on my R1 and the fitment left room to be desired to put it nicely, ever since then for $200 more per set I just went w/ the Sharkskinz...

10. 01wj

01wj Well-Known Member

Supersport tail. You got one laying around by chance? lol

11. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

There stuff is top notch now. I have gotten 3 sets in the last 3 years. Fit was perfect.

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

maybe

13. Boosted Josh

Boosted Josh Well-Known Member

If shipping the tail is $75, shipping the full set would probably be $100.