1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

setting up crf100 for supermoto?

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by vdub 2.0, Dec 10, 2012.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

it seems to be split 50/50 on which way to go, i know cam and some other people like 110 front and rear, and some like 100fr 110 rear thats the way im going.
    also if you go for the 100 front here is a link to a place that has them for 66.00 i wouldn't buy from them but you should be able to get motorcycle superstore or another big name place to price match them.
    http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=32808040.135.24500&typ=76036&ranzahl=4&Breite=100&Quer=90&Felge=16&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&tyre_for=Motorcycle&dsco=135

2. noles19

oh and sorry i can't help with tube sizes i have 3.25/3.50 now but i think im going bigger for the bt45.

3. gluvnaa

gluvnaa Well-Known Member

Are you saying that you have worn the tire down to a slick or the tire has lost its traction and there is still plenty of tread left?

4. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

Rear completly slick, still had good traction. Fronts went away a little sooner but I also like to trail brake. When new front slides are more predictable, once worn they will tuck with less warning

5. gluvnaa

Hrm, I did about 6 race days and one 4 hour endurance race on my stock 100 and my tread is cupping front and rear with about 40% tread left.
    I normally run around 18-20psi hot.

What hot PSI are you running?

6. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

I usually set them at 18 cold and rock out. If they are sliding too much then I air them down a pound at a time until they feel better. It's hard to have a perfect psi because the tires are constantly wearing and different wear levels like different psi. I also ride at different times of day and therefore varying temps, some days it was 90, some 60.

With that said, we experienced a tiny bit of cupping but nothing that made u s worry, just rode through it. Also, we still run 19" fronts which I'm sure makes some difference.

7. gluvnaa

Ya, thats for sure. I dont think that there's a key psi for the BT45's.

Either they are sliding or sliding! LOL

8. DylanShaver

DylanShaver SDS736

Are you guys running the stock rims with these bridgestones?

9. noles19

stock rear with a 16 inch front wheel off a xr80.