1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

set it and forget it!

Discussion in 'General' started by pfhenry, Dec 17, 2018.

1. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

lol just used a ronco rotisserie for the first time(grandparents house cleanout)

juicy AF chicken

anybody else rotisserie before?

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Been usin' one for over ten years...maybe fifteen. All meats come out juicy.

pfhenry likes this.
  3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Thats what Toe said....

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Damn things really work!

5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Steak, chicken, pork, whole turkey, any kind of fish, not even kidding. There are other times you prefer a different preparation according to the dish, but this thing never messes up.

pfhenry likes this.
  6. pfhenry

had to use the spin cycle with no heat for 15 min. before cutting... olive oil on metal on metal shut its whining ass up lol... a bit cattywampus on the sprocket gear and teeth every few revolutions(could have been slightly off center)

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How about you cook a fish you caught with your Pocket Fisherman?

Sabre699, LisaU and TLR67 like this.
  8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

While wearing your spray on hair.

LisaU likes this.
  9. fastfreddie

Most of the time, I'm using the basket. Can't balance its thickness but I do aim for the basket's center.
    Using the skewers, yeah, do your best to get it balanced.

There are accessories that come in handy if all you have is the oven/basket.

pfhenry likes this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Costco FTW

Sent from my smatrfone

ChemGuy likes this.
  11. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

To match the real hair you cut with your flowbee.

LisaU likes this.
  12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Dammit I was coming with the flowbee!

13. pfhenry

i've had publix(dry AF )rotisserie... not even close to this juicy level

14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I hit my clapper that turns on my George Foreman

LisaU and pfhenry like this.
  15. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

yep, got two actually. Both sizes. We use it all the time to do chickens, and rib roasts. Love it.

16. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

The genius in that device is how they sold the lack of insulation in the top. I picture it in my head like this....

You freckled engineer: Mr Popeil the showtime is too hot on top. We need to cool and insulate it better.

Ron Popeil: Nah kid that'd cost too much. Hmmmmm..... we'll put a crappy tray on the top and tell people they can heat up their side dishes on it. Now its even better up the price 5 bucks.

17. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Like this one? $1000 bucs?

My new Samsung gas stove w/ range and griddle was less than that- works falwlessly btw

18. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

How easy is it to clean?

19. fastfreddie

Clean? What's that? :D

It has a 2-piece broiler pan. I'm not religious about emptying or cleaning it...I think I've scrubbed it less than a handful of times. Switching between different meats can be a good time to clean it. I cook beef mostly, and maybe a turkey once a year. Depending on the type of fish I cook, I may or may not clean it afterwards. As to the beef, I'm not into fat, so no ribeyes or hamburger...I'm sure I would clean it every time if I cooked those cuts.
    Sounds gross, I know, but if I cleaned it every time, it would be no worse than tossin' it in the dishwasher.

Nothing else has gotten to the point of "needing" a cleaning but I have removed the reflector behind the coils once to make it shiny again.

You could line the pan and reflector with foil if you wanted, but foil on the reflector would likely discolor (burn) with every use.

The glass door isn't a chore if you want to clean it. The interior edges get some smoke debris baked on but it's nothing like the greasy ugliness you find on a typical overhead stove exhaust.

For the most part, I just shove the basket and rotisserie skewer in the washer with the dishes.

The door and pan get scrubbed/washed when they look like they need it.
    Kinda like when you ruin your cast iron skillets cuz you think you needed to clean 'em. :D

20. John Branch

John Branch 90125

If you have a Costco you can buy the whole chicken already cooked for 5$ and not much clean up at all:blart:

badmoon692008 likes this.