1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service code: 2015 R1?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by JTW, May 7, 2017.

1. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

im getting a code 69 which I believe is associated with the wheel sensors. Is this correct? On the dash There is a yellow light that stay on in the bottom right of the dash and the SlideControl light seems to stay on when I'm riding. It feels like it's running on 2 cylinders. Help appreciated.

2. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

69 is the front wheel sensor

3. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Thanks. What's the fix?

4. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

I would check the electrical connection and make sure it is mounted properly. Also make sure the sensor ring is not damaged. If you don't see a problem there I would replace it.

JTW likes this.
  5. jlogalbo

jlogalbo Well-Known Member

Had the same code on '15 R1 after it was on the dyno.
    Apparently if you put the bike into gear while on the stand or on the dyno (so the rear wheel is spinning while the front it not) it will through the "69" code.

Basically road it up the street a few hundred feet. Once the ECU sensed the front wheel turning it reset

Hope that helps

cartmen34 and Vinny337 like this.
  6. cartmen34

cartmen34 Well-Known Member

Had this code pop up multiple times, each time after the rear wheel was spinning while the front wheel was stationary. A quick ride up and down the street fixed it every time.