1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serious question on a clavicle

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Dec 4, 2020.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

None of us do..........thats why we are here:D

2. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

He could fire me but a chef is very important on a boat when the owners like your food

3. britx303

As the chef, it sounds like your goose is cooked.

4. Captain Morgan

He could fire me but a chef is very important on a boat when the owners like your food

5. britx303

Youre in a real pickle.

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Taking pain killers or just rum ??

TurboBlew likes this.
  7. ton

ton Arf!

doesn't trust Mexican health care. comes to beeb for medical advice :crackup:

i'm not a physician, and i'm not going to offer advice. 'cuz you don't seem like the kind of person who takes it.

please just come back and tell us how it works out for you. please.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Solution: Bring the Brazilian girl on board. Tell her what to do to get the meal taken care of. Set her up a cot in the engine room and nothing could possibly go wrong!

badmoon692008, 969, cav115 and 2 others like this.
  9. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

A doctor in Mexico is better than no doctor, go to the Damm doctor, and get fixed up.

Banditracer likes this.
  10. Captain Morgan

Mexican health care in Cabo is actually really good and a fraction of the price. But right now don't want to tell the captaian, he flies out today for a week. Cooking one handed now and hope for the best. Went through 3 serious knee injuries over 6 years before I bit the bullet to have surgery

11. britx303

Limp along for the day and have an “accident” while he’s away?

12. Captain Morgan

My boss is my friend and have known him for years, I'll cook one handed for now an assess the injury. I know its fucked up but don't want to let him down on my own drunken stupidness

13. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Some friends are better than others.

14. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

"Damn it Jim, he's screaming like a little girl!!!! There's something wrong here!"

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You would think so. And since I have never broken a bone before, I didn't know what it feels like either.

16. joec

joec brace yourself

Let us know how that first chinese gybe works out for ya. No way I'd be wandering around a sailboat with a busted up collarbone.

17. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

My clavicle was clicking, not broken but cartledge gone to wear the bone was rubbing. Did some cortisone shots that temporarily helped but eventually had surgery. Wish I wouldnt have waited. Took 18 months to fully heal but will never be the same. They also cleaned up other parts of the shoulder while they were in there. Every deep breath it would click. not severe pain but annoying and you know shit aint right in there. Reeling in a big Tuna is almost impossible as arthritis is there now. Shoulder goes numb. Started using left hand reel to help.

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

find a hand that can do what you say. problem solved.

(don't use the one you put your dick in, that seems to mess with their hearing and comprehension)

19. Captain Morgan

Broken some, this ones a little different, peeling potatoes now, just keeping my arm tucked and only moving everything below the elbow, not a fan of pills but Cabo has a pharmacy every 2 steps.

20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

You may already be screwed.

CAN you cook for that many people with one arm tied behind your back? If you can't, then you're screwed anyway, unless it's just a bruise. If you can cook for that many with a busted limb and a large dose of rum, just how well do you cook while drunk? Hell, I can't make a sandwich, even when just a little drunk.

My guess is that food, for rich peeps, on a yacht, is muy importante. Boiled down and being honest, hell it is #1. If you are good, and it sounds like you are, they may cut you a little slack. But, they ain't gonna go without, not for one second.