1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serious discussion... dishwashers...

Discussion in 'General' started by Clay, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Even though I do the majority of the dishes in the house, my wife has long been requesting a new dishwasher. Ours is currently 16yo old and not exactly super "efficient". I'm considering buying something new for Christmas. I know I've seen appliance threads here before, so I'm curious what everyone considers the brands that will give me another solid 16 years of use.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Umm…you’re the dishwasher. She wants a new one.

Give her my number. ;)

Funkm05, 969, tiggen and 7 others like this.
  3. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Bosch - I wouldn't seriously suggest any of their other appliances, but damn if I don't love my Bosch dishwasher. Insanely quiet......I can turn it on with a full load of dishes and I can only hear it when it starts pumping water out and it makes the gurgle sound via the sink and I'm literally less than 12 feet away from it. I also like it cause it has 3 trays....one for silverware, and then two normal racks for all the dishes.

Could not recommend anything but......seriously, end the thread, lock it down, go get a Bosch.

Evad101, cha0s#242, trussdude and 2 others like this.
  4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I bought a $1200 Bosch 15 years ago and the damn thing lasted 2 years. Some computer fault which was going to cost as much as the original dishwasher to fix. I just bought a new Frigidaire for something like $700 and am really happy with it.

5. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

We picked up a GE about 5 yrs ago. Super-quiet, has 3 racks, and seems to clean efficiently. I think it was around $700 or so. No reason to think it will not last 10 more years.

beac83 likes this.
  6. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Decibel level really isn't on my list of important things. Reliability is. I'd think ANY new dishwasher would be better at washing dishes than my current one so even super duper options really don't mean a ton to me. I guess I could have added that reliability is my #1 desire.

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Well if she doesn't learn how to do them well by the time she is 17 then she'll never learn. :D

Rebel635, cpettit and auminer like this.
  8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

9. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

We ended up going with a Kitchenaid over the Bosch at the recommendation of the sales guy. Said that it was as quiet, had better features, and less issues overall. It’s 7 years old now, still absolutely silent, and not one issue. We avoided the big box store and went to a local appliance place.

10. ClemsonsR6

Fuck all y'all saying anything but Bosch. Literally, was just in the kitchen and went to load the dishwasher with tonights dinner dishes......the MF'er was running and already washing a load....that's how quite it is......reliability wise....we've only been in the house 6 years but not even a hiccup from the dishwasher. The ovens and microwave....different fucking story.

11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

GE Profile, replaced the Bosch. As quiet. Follow the maintenance instructions.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

Whirlpool was good. Samsung not so good
    Bosch would the one I go with next.

13. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Another Bosch recommendation here, 40 dB, cleans well

14. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Doesn't matter what you buy, nothing made today will last 15 years. My advice is the less computerized shit, the better, because thats what usually goes Tits Up!!

tl1098 likes this.
  15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Bosch.

/end thread

16. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Buying this through costco, unless there are much better options, it looks like it's mostly: Samsung, Whirlpool, LG, and a few GE. So Whirlpool for reliability?

17. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

18. ClemsonsR6

Fuck No on Samsung! Just had to replace the 6 year old washer due to random ass electrical gremlins. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

When you get to year 18 let me know.

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Home Depot Bosch isn't the Bosch you want. Go to an appliance supply house. And when you're there, get a Thermador.

R Acree likes this.