1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sept. VIR

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Diesel, Jul 18, 2001.

1. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Why bother? None of us know how to type.

Glad you're in touch now since I've been forgetting to ask you this everytime I see you at the track. I have a site and am in desperate need of some racing/trackside photos. Would you know of anybody who might have some? I have a few pages of bikes but could always use more... even if they're of beemers. [​IMG] (you know it's a joke since I drive a Bimmer) http://www.angelfire.com/biz4/dieselpower

2. K George

K George Well-Known Member

hey guys just got my news letter today . most of you dont no me and im sort of shy so dont let take that the wrong way but ive been a wera racer on and off since 1982. still have the old gs 550 i started on lots of good memorys in the the old gal. not the same bike though its had almost 20 years inprovements little by little . iwas wondering did i do something wrong? i came to summit in june to run it again. v5and clubman, and even dsuper for some track time.somehow managed to win v5 and clubman i geuss from what i hear morrows rz gave me the win but would have liked a mention in the news letter something like morrow brakes george wins. the class was not even coverd at all . why was this . im i not in the click or something. just wondering should i just stick with my clubman dsup effort. and not waste my money on v5 if its gonna be like that. i heatd somesmart remarks when i got my trophy.from the peanut gallary. gee i was excited about running with you guys . and gettn of the gsxer ive been on for awhile seemed like more fun but now i dont know. if someone has aproublom with me or my bike let me know! i dont think i did any thing wrong. your truly k george

3. Cyclephoto

Cyclephoto Well-Known Member

4. K George

thanks mark you made me fill better about it.and yes i will be vir hopfuly. lookn foward to it. the WFTME-550. WorldsFunnestTrickestMostExpensive-550 its my tim taylor project in the gararge. ive got way to much time in it.but its like a drug cant stop. anyway. fill free to come by my pits and say hi old bike oldvan cant missme. that goes for every one. if im cursing and kickn either one might want to wait till later. thanks kenneth

5. Cyclephoto

Cyclephoto Well-Known Member

Kenneth, in the July 25th issue of Cycle News, pages 47&48 is Steve-O's Summit Point story. He writes, "Kenneth George, on the MTA-sponsored Suzuki, won the Vintage 5 battle over Stuart Lamont and Morrow".
    See ya at VIR. Mark Mitchell

6. K George

thanks again mark for pointing me to that coverage. thanks steve-o for the metion . see you guys at vir.. v5 racer k george

7. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Kenneth, our coverage of vintage racing is 100% improved over what it was 2 years ago. In '99, we didn't even get coverage for the gnf!!!(see aaron stevenson) Steve O and Mark Mitchell are only human and have everyones best interests at heart. Congrats on your win, I think that makes us tied in mid-a points. I promise to bring the rz to vir...

8. K George

sorry guys didnt mean to bitch about the coverage. i guess i had flash backs of when i won three races at rockingham in the mid eights and the cyclenews covage headline for the artical were kurt hall only double winner of the weekend. seems i just never seemed to get noticed back then and got a little upset at the lack of coverage this time .im not faulting anybody . dont take it to harshly. just speaking my mind now .gee this forum stuffs great would have had to write a letter then and mail it. to much trouble. so dont think of me to badly for speaking up . mark and mark and every one else . try not to suck the stickers off the 550 when u go bye i hear the rzs a rocket . thanks again KGEORGE

9. RZ Racer

Whats your #? I used to have a gs700es back when I was a squid, (nc state police still think I am) it was a pretty cool bike. Rz IS a rocket but yours didn't look that slow at summit!! RU going to run clubman or v6 at vir??

10. K George

mark us xsquids need to stick to gether. and yes i was planning on running clubman,v5,v6 , dsup. if the tires hold out. last time there my front were really gettn chewwed. my phone # or my race #? email me

11. RZ Racer

Race # . "Old bike,old van" describes 98% of the vintage pit! just want to make sure I stop by. I've never had problems w/ tire wear a/vir. What brand do you run?

12. K George

HEY MARK Im #93 bikes white and blue vans white with chrome wheels that cost more than the van hahah.im running michlen slicks soft. front and rear. only had problem with the fronts i think there fresher common size. thats why there chewwing more some what softer but they stick like glue might try some thing else next time i just got a new set a week ago . KGEORGE