1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seattle/Everett/Tacoma, Washington folks.

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Poo Poo Pants III, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Boeing just emailed me about a job in Everett. They want to interview soon. But I’m going to pass. Thankfully with this move I have a ton of opportunities.

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Your poor wife. I get anxiety just reading this thread, lol. :p:)

3. Real talk: if she woke up one day and was like “I can’t do this” it wouldn’t surprise me. But she’s clearly an extremely patient woman and I’m grateful.

4. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Boeing is a blessing and a curse. I live that conundrum every day. Good luck in your new spot. What's the gig? Or what's the company, if you don't mind me asking?

Edit: Boeing stating that they want to interview now means that you would have an offer no earlier than May, at best. The hiring process is s l o w.

5. I’m switching gears all together. Stay at home cat gynecologist.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

Audio gig again?

7. It was suppose to say cat. Now it’s not funny.

And nah. So funny I only did that car audio gig after I realized that race teams paid like shit and I needed health insurance. Then I was a territory manger for Best Buy for a bit, got severanced out in a lay off and I went back to working in a bay because the pay was pretty outrageous for what I was doing. The tail end of that was when I met you.

Phl218 likes this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

Well, good luck then!

9. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

I agree with this completely. NOW HIRING means you might see an offer in 4 months, and start in 6. Slow doesn't really describe it......I would say lethargic.

I have been at Boeing for far too long.

pscook likes this.
  10. Officially officially. Renting a house in Snoqualmie.

Phl218 likes this.
  11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Good luck.
    Try not to kill yourself in the winter.
    Enjoy the drive up 5. BTDT.

12. I grew up in NY. Driving in the snow is not foreign to me. But my wife is Orange County CA born and raised....this will be fun. :crackup:

13. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Our snow is wet. It turns into oiled plastic when you drive on it. I've had family from Montana talk a lot of shit about driving in snow get a rude awakening.

14. Same shit happens where I’m from and in Atlanta (Canton) where I lived. Granted on Long Island it gets deep snow but normally it gets rain during the day, turns to ice/snow overnight and then a layer of snow the next morning so it’s just a massive ice rink.

But I have summer tires on my 18 WRX :crackup:, shit.

Phl218 and Knotcher like this.
  15. Well, 28 hours and the trip from absolute hell we made it. Stranded twice. Wife was following in her 11’ Kia Forte with both kids (3 years and 9 months) and one of the dogs. I had one dog in the moving truck with me.

Once in a white out blizzard at the summit before grants pass in Oregon, pulled the 22ft moving truck with the trailer into a driveway and it was pure ice under and it slid into a boulder. Was stuck until the Oregon’s DOT pulled it out sideways and then they granited the entire way down the 5 south in front of us about 500 feet for 12 miles so we could get to the next exit.

Then the next morning I fixed the truck after the DEF return line had popped off. Got on the highway and the truck instantly overheats. Wait for roadside, took 8 gallons of coolant presumably from the EGT’s being so high going up hill all day floored doing 25mph max.

But we’re here and loving it. :clap:

16. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

Welcome to the neighborhood !!!

17. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Accurized

18. All true.

19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I've lost track … where were you, and where are you now?

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

He is in Greenville, SC, i think

He took the welder job that @Anchovie had

ChemGuy likes this.