1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Searching for Rotax 256 Tandem any version 250

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Algonquin, Jul 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Algonquin

Algonquin VRRA and DOCC no.92

All possible leads in the hopeful direction of a Rotax tandem twin as fitted to several small producer 250GP machines from about 1982 to maybe 1991 or so. All possible leads very much appreciated. fmcd at storm dot ca is good too.
    F McDermott

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

3. parillaguy

parillaguy vintage+GP racer

Fran; Bar H. still has the Aprilia AF1 for sale. Price is a bit above the world market but the bike has an interesting history. However, you might want to reconsider a Rotax twinas Bar described the power as a light switch and significantly more difficult to ride than a TZ250 or RS250 Honda. parillaguy

4. Algonquin

Paul, I know that bike but as you say it is priced for Disney World not this one, unfortunately. Disc-valve inductions are very tuneable, not required to be light switch by definition. The RS250 I rode was the best motorcycle I have ridden ever. Thats my holy grail in actual fact but this Cobas is a very worthy project and deserves real effort.
    The cart guys leave their classifieds up for years after the Rotax has been sold, they really made it clear I was an idiot for bothering them, oops.
    fmcd92

5. charles

charles The Transporter

There are two or three companies who make Rotax 256 motors, 'modern' style- upgraded. One such organization is in Canada. I wil look through my notes and post here when I get the info, but i'm certain it can be found online…in fact let me see now…here: BRC in Calgary, Canada (try www.250supercarts.com)…also see 'BRC Racing'…1-844-316-0630…I know there are or were two other companies, in the UK, making these upgraded motors, but none of them are what you could call 'reasonably priced.' I hope this helps.

6. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

7. Algonquin

Nice, take two – they're small. It's the sticker shock that's formidable!

8. Algonquin

Looking like I've got a Rotax 250 tandem twin coming, now I will need fuel tank and chambers, etc. Aprilia AF1 250 86 to about 89 used the same Rotax tandem prior to the type 257 Rotax v-twin so chambers for the earlier Aprilia AF1 SHOULD fit pretty close. So, anyone with AF1 spares in need of a new home out there? BTW, thanks for all of the helpful leads offered, appreciate the help.

fmcd

9. 418

418 Expert #59

How much do these motors run? Looks like a viable option of building your own GP bike.

10. Algonquin

BRC Racing
    [email protected]
    1-877-BRC-RACE

My understanding is expensive but my understanding is based on my being in Canada with our .70 CDN $.

418 likes this.