1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sean v6 question

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by schwantzmobile, Feb 7, 2001.

1. schwantzmobile

schwantzmobile Byron Tucker #80 expert?

Sean, what class is V6 running on Sunday with?

2. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

I'm not Sean, but at tracks I'm familiar with, V6 and HWT Twins are a combined race.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not any longer, we're running it with A Superstock now that more of the older high HP race bikes have been showing up. They didn't mix well with the slower end of HW Twins.

So Mr. RD - when I screw up and put it with HWT you got my back?

4. robw122

robw122 Well-Known Member

i know you would never do that mongo. lol.

5. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Yeah but it'll cost ya. [​IMG]

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

But of course! [​IMG]

7. schwantzmobile

Yo Rob!, did you get my e-mails on gearing? or are you just ignoring me? [​IMG]

8. robw122

robw122 Well-Known Member

i sent all of my gearing choices to you, if you missed them, try me again.

9. Glenn Foster

Glenn Foster Well-Known Member

I've been tossing around the idea of riding an old GSXR in V6 next year. What are guys doing about wheels. Modifying newer 17" rims or using the stock ones? What about bodywork? Does Sharkskins, AIR Tech or somebody make a full set with the 5qt lower?

10. schwantzmobile

I think Rob was the last holdout on the 18" rims, everybody else runs the 17's.
    On body work you can get want you need just about with any you mentioned.
    Air tech has "Yosh" lowers that just need the little vents along the bottom glassed in.
    Put a little dam at the rear of it and your good to go.
    Come on out and play, the people in V6 are all good folk, who ride clean...fast but clean.
    Byron Tucker #80

11. Glenn Foster

Glenn Foster Well-Known Member

It has to be better than the 600 carnage I ran in last year and again this year.

Are the old GSXRs tough to find? What kind of price range can I expect for an 86-88?

12. schwantzmobile

I've seen them for $3,000 to $4,500. The 1100 engines are hard to find because the car guys snap them up for Midget sprint cars. $1,500- $2,500 just for a beat engine!
    Rules say you can use a 750 frame as late as '89 and put a 1052 (stock 1100 '86-88) engine in it. This is what I did.
    "robw122" would be the guy to talk to for more info and maybe a line on one.
    I should add that doing the 7/11 approach is the big bucks approach, if you can find an '86-'88 1100 that would save some money. The key is to get the engine, frames and everything else are much eaiser to find.

[This message has been edited by schwantzmobile (edited 02-21-2001).]

13. schwantzmobile

Found this at dragbike.com: 4sale or trade GSXR1100
    Ad #:12701 (01/19/2001)
    Phone #:
    804-559-6846
    1986 GSXR 1100 race bike runs 10.30 132.00 mph nice bike sale $2500 or trade for something different really doesn`t mater as long as its eqaul value.804-559-6846 or 804-328-0056 ask for wilson Thanks
    hopefully its not butchered up.

[This message has been edited by schwantzmobile (edited 02-23-2001).]