1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SEAN DYLAN KELLY TO MOTO2 FOR 2022 AND 2023

Discussion in 'General' started by ajcjr, Sep 20, 2021.

1. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

So looks like SDK is off to Europe, heard Gagne in at Attack, Westby stays the same. Any other rumors or rider signing for next year?

I think this is a better move for SDK then it was for Cam.

rk97 likes this.
  2. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

good luck to SDK:beer:

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

G Dawg likes this.
  4. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Someone asked on FB is his dad is going to be out there throwing Perrier now.

stk0308, Circacee, wortdog and 4 others like this.
  5. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

6. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Do we have a MA silly season thread?

7. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

only a 2020-21 thread

8. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

He's in for a rude awakening in Moto2. Hopefully his ego can handle getting his ass handed to him over there

9. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Nothing against the guy and I hope he kills it in Europe, but I really couldn't take another year of Greg and Jason saying "SDK" a million times each race day.

10. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

This.

11. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Will he be at the front no.
    Tracks to learn (ALL)
    Stiffer chassis to adapt too. This will be interesting as I have no guess on his pace of learning, I suspect high.
    More fast people to compete with
    Qualifying, I think he will be better at this than Cameron as he seems to come out of the gate fast in races and qualify well.
    Different engine characteristics and more electronics, the electronics will be his challenge I think
    Team, American Racing is gaining experience and improving. Not a top tier but much closer than in the past IMO.
    Other, like the transition in culture. Hard to say as this always varies.

12. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I gotta imagine that American Racing knows it takes years to get an American from outside the GP paddock to respectable finishes in Moto2. He's signed for 2 years but I won't be surprised if he's re-signed even without scoring well.

13. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

No different than hearing The Doctor, or Desmo Dovi, etc. And I never say his name, only SDK. Time is money and that takes too long

14. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

I hope most of you realize Sean raced in the 2018 Redbull rookies cup so it's not his first time on tracks in Europe. Glad he's getting the opportunity to race on the international level again.

rk97 likes this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I admire the confidence with which you pull facts out of your ass without even checking. :D

418 likes this.
  16. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

2 years in Moto 2 is like going to Vietnam for 2 years in the late 60s

motion and stangmx13 like this.
  17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Did not bother but OK the majority right. Frickin' anal retentive buzzards always hassling the free range sheep. Oh and isn't there supposed to be a comma after ass in English?

18. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

SDK has raced at roughly 1/2 of the tracks the GP circus uses and likely has seat time on others from testing. As Robby Bobby says all the time - a professional learning new tracks needs next to no time to get up to speed - Ben Spies proved that in '09.

...and no, there isn't.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You are now 0-2. Keep digging.

Johnny B and G Dawg like this.
  20. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Not necessarily, but a coma there would slightly change the meaning of the original sentence.
    As it is written it means that you have confidence in all facts you pull out of your ass including those you pulled without checking. If there is a comma, it would mean that you have confidence in only the facts you pull out of your as without checking. A subtle difference, but it might be significant to the HPPT.

Gorilla George, YamahaRick and G Dawg like this.