1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen time. Let’s hear it and no lying!

Discussion in 'General' started by JBraun, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

who cares
    idiom
    Definition of who cares
    informal
    —used to stress that something is not important
    He can't carry a tune, but who cares? He's having fun and that's what matters.
    Who cares
    what she says? We'll do it our way.

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

8+ hours a day on the laptop/computer screens.
    Not too much on the mobile. Less than 1.5hrs.

3. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

5.5 on my phone. I do look at it way too much, but i cannot access any outside internet or email at work, my kids watch cartoons on my phone while i sleep in on weekends, and i stream classical music at work a lot... i think that skews my “screeen time” quite a bit.

Would still like to cut back.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I got rid of email and most of the fluff from my phone. I look at the screen maybe 45 minutes a day. Instragram, the weather and the pictures of my junk I'm about to send out.

Now the computer, that's a different story.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  5. 2hrs 36 minutes per day, mostly email. But I travel a lot, it's work email, and the work emails show up on my phone faster than they do on the computer.

6. joec

joec brace yourself

Yeah.... What are you guys using for droid. I want to know because it can only make me feel better about myself and all.

7. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Who you sending pictures of your junk to perv?

Phl218 likes this.
  8. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Phone for about 2.5 hours. Add in computer and tv it's disgraceful. Work "forces" me to be on my devices a lot because of email and other requirements. I am really starting to resent it. I have deleted a lot of apps like Facebook and stuff and that is helping cut down some but not enough. Weather is getting better and I am starting to force myself off the couch.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Check your email. :D

joec and dobr24 like this.
  10. iPhone yells at me once a day and I usually am over the 6 hour mark. :confused:

Phl218 likes this.
  11. Phl218

Phl218 .

He’s probably advertising to Metalhead.

For the mini bowling party

dobr24 likes this.
  12. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Unlimited data, muthafucka!

:D :D :D

BigBird likes this.
  13. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Mine normally averages 5-6 hours a day, averages are way skewed by using it to stream music at shop when it isnt blowing up, doing the same while driving and using it as a hotspot for the laptop when invoicing, ordering parts and doing research. Honestly it is probably a couple of hours a day actually using the phone for messaging, talking or looking at bullshit.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I end up spending more time on the laptop for work.....iPhone tells me it's only about 25 minutes per day this week.