1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scott Ru$$el and MotoAmerica

Discussion in 'General' started by fastedyamaha, Oct 9, 2018.

1. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

He can drive a race car as well, super nice guy!

2. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

ever beat a world champ in his own backyard? lol

3. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Scott is like my brother. He is so in shape right now. He just got back to riding with Rickdiculous at Utah in June and was so happy. He had quit motorcycles for several years. He was an amazing racer on motorbikes, but he is just as amazing on pedals. I hate him.

bacolmm and sbk1198 like this.
  4. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

My first replica helmet was a Russell. Man o man, how I wish I still had that lid.

5. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Still with a prime spot on my office wall:

[​IMG]

sharkattack likes this.
  6. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

Few years ago at N2 track day I was lucky enough to get two up ride with Scott on FZ1, needless to say that was amazing experience.
    As we were passing people doing wheelies I was trying to look over his shoulder what was he doing with his hands, applying brakes, throttle etc. trying to pick up secrets from Champion himself. It was awesom!!!

Pixelator and bacolmm like this.
  7. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20181010-204813_Photos.jpg
    This is one of the pictures!:D

stk0308, bacolmm, tropicoz and 4 others like this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I've got some Scotty stories that I won't tell until 20 years after his death. :D

Scotty, Good brother right there.

9. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

There was a deep talent pool there..... I was happy to stay on the lead lap.... Lol.

10. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

I saw a spark in his eye.....

bacolmm likes this.
  11. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Right after I got married my wife’s family and mine planned a joint outing to go to Bobby Cox last game with the Braves. That Sunday morning my phone rang, it was a fellow riding buddy telling me we had been invited to Scott’s house to ride that day. I promptly threw the bike in the truck and told my new wife to scalp that ticket to the first warm body with money and give my regards to our families that afternoon because, “something “much more important” had come up. :D

Pixelator, busa99, backbone and 4 others like this.
  12. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I just saw Lee Bivens (the artist who painted that) at Drebber's celebration of life a few weeks ago. Lee is one of the good guys and has been a solid friend for many years. Also, he hauls ass on motorbikes. I have a signed version of that and also have the Kawasaki painting that Hector did.

stk0308 and sdiver like this.
  13. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Yup, me too, incredible race. Passing Fogarty on his way back to the front was a high point of that race, of course, there was a lot of cheering then, but winning it was over the top. His race with Eddie in 93 was also epic, but all his wins were epic. What a talent. And he behaved off the track just like any wildman racer of the old school would. Glad he’ll be around again, real racer.

Pixelator and bacolmm like this.
  14. 418

418 Expert #59

When I think of Scott I always think he never got the credit he deserved in his 500GP career. I think if got more time he could have done some special things. IIRC by the time he was getting booted back to WSB he had got that RGV500 on the podium in Brno. And Suzuki didn't really have their shit together back when he was riding for them.

15. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Scott and I were discussing this at Barber...it's all about phones and cameras. Nobody was filming you back then, you just did crazy shit and didn't care. You absolutely can not do that anymore. I think back on the shit we did...I should still be in jail. But nobody knew, nobody recorded it. Lucky for us. :)

16. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

that is the most winning look Ive seen anywhere in a while! and that name is here forever Chief.

he would probably win some races if he lined up. I miss him in the broadcast booth too. dont care what anyone else thinks. thats the real deal!

turbulence and lostinbama like this.
  17. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

Always was been a fan of Russell, I know he wasn't "in his prime" and was just riding for fun....but the 07 Barber endurance race with him on the R1 and I was battling w him on the Millnec Media Honda...it was awesome and still one of my personal highlights. Glad to see he is still at it (racing, on pedals) and getting back into roadracing.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Sounds like everyone talking about Kevin :D

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I waded our bike up in T2 in that race, and Scott happened to be under tower when Fuzzy dropped me off. Scott chatted for a few minutes, more consoling than anything, and made me feel much better about tearing up everyone's shit!

ruckusracing likes this.
  20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I also liked Scott's announcing. He'd throw some interesting stuff in rather than repeating the same phrases we've heard a million times.
    He got easier to understand as he went along too.