1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

school me on the Ozarks

Discussion in 'General' started by skidooboy, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I second what seroj said.
    You will hear the cruiser crowd and some of the locals talk about 23 (pig trail); it is okay but often has a lot of traffic. I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to ride it.
    Some recent reports I've heard is the the lower part of 123 has been resurfaced with chat. The loose stuff is slowly being cleaned away but use caution the first time you go on it.
    We usually stay in Harrison because it is fairly centrally located to all the roads mentioned above. It's also big enough to have several hotels and eateries to chose from but also a more traffic which is only problematic when you are entering or leaving town. We stay at the Super 8. It's cheap and clean enough. The parking lot is big too if you trailer the bike there.

2. I live in the NWA (Fayetteville). Lots of great roads and ADV rides in Arkansas. As mentioned Cory West is in Eureka Springs which is an amazing area. Definitely sign up for one of his guided dual-sport rides.

PMooney Jr. likes this.
  3. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for the input I am likely taking part of this adventure in to new in charted territories with Ski

4. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

JI
    Good stuff here. We usually base out of Eureka Springs or camp at Turner Bend.

5. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Awesome place, we enjoy it up there. Just got back from a long weekend riding mt bikes there actually. Delivered RYoung's new race bike then spent the weekend exploring. Mt bike trails there are impressive. Ozarks don't have the big mts like out west or even Nc, Tn etc but beautiful all the same. Technically not mts there I suppose as the elevation isn't high enough. Great vibe, great people, plenty to do and explore. I suppose in general, if you live on the east or west coast you're more efficient to visit what's closer as there's more to offer closer to home. Your case you're just wanting to try something new. Worth it in that case. We go as we have friends near Fayetteville and enjoy visiting them, the area is a bonus. Heading back for Fat Tire Festival in July.

6. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Seroj is on the money too, great choice of roads. We've been going up there for years now, usually swimming and exploring with the kids. Ridden on two trips though, hit those same roads along with a bunch of dirt riding. Awesome trip! Seroj was gonna meet me this past weekend but had some sort of Lifetime mini series to catch up on instead, huh @seroj ?

7. seroj

seroj Well-Known Member

I was keeping up with the Kardashians Pat :)
    Wish i could've joined you!

PMooney Jr. likes this.
  8. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

No expert on the area but a buddy and I stayed @ the Shady Oaks Campground of Harrison in one of their cabins. Real nice place that is biker friendly. Cabins are kinda small but we weren't there to sit in the cabin.

Harrison has several loops in the area that are nice rides. Fully agree with the comment on Granny's. The north side of the ferry route had been freshly repaved, only thing is I'd stay the fack away from Branson if we went again. There are enough other roads to ride that there is no need to deal with the blue-hairs.

Many more roads I'd like to try in the area. Need to go back.