1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on Spring Hill or Hernando County FL

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducati89, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Which one? (I discovered a second Hudson in the panhandle.)

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Beautiful area. We stay there frequently when we are down. Right down the street from Ricky T's.

JCP636 likes this.
  3. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

The one just NW of Tampa.

4. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

I’ll be at Ricky T’s watching football Sunday. I’m over on Isle of Palms right behind the Waffle House. Give me a shout next time you’re here, I’ll meet ya for a beer.

-Joe

Spang308 likes this.
  5. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

BigBird, MELK-MAN and Spang308 like this.
  6. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

spring hill or consider Brooksville, croom motorcycle park is near there (there multiple times a week, 50 min from north Tampa where i live). It's closer to brooksville, and the area is booming. unreal the development going on in this area right now.

JCP636 likes this.
  7. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

Really good info here, guys. Thank you!

8. Ducati89

We do like the houses and we've been to that side of Florida ALOT in the recent years. So Im not totally blind.

9. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

In that general area, I like Dunnellon. Ten years ago, it was a small town dream, for me. I stayed there 3 and 5 years ago and the spread of Ocala had reached 19. By now, that may have hopped 19. I’d probably look somewhere along 19, between there and Brooksville. The Marjorie Cross Greenway offers fantastic mountain biking, quite a ways across the state, that won’t kill you. The Withlacootchee bike path parallels 19, is fully paved, and runs nearly 50mi. Easy access to activities and metro areas. If you decide to visit the area, there are numerous developments going in, along 19. A few years ago, I could’ve bought a new house <$150K, just south of Inverness. Not sure, now.

Ducati89 likes this.
  10. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

In the really hot markets, you don't even see the house before putting money down. You need to make offers sight unseen (except for pictures) and immediately.

BigBird, ducnut and Ducati89 like this.
  11. Ducati89

Exactly. Ive formulated a pretty aggressive strategy because my house is my cash for the purchase.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  12. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

After growing up in Dunnellon I thought I would never want to back! Now I can't decide between there and Crystal River.

ducnut and Ducati89 like this.
  13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Well, the nice thing about Crystal River is there’s “more” there and it’s closer to the water/coast.

I repeatedly and mistakenly said “19”, but, meant Hwy 41 in my previous post. :rolleyes:

14. Ducati89

Gents, we have re-focused our search to the Cape Coral area.

15. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I winter in Homosassa.. and I bought a nice heavily wooded 5 acre lot in Crystal River .. I love that area . Just bought a tractor that I’m putting in a drive and clearing an area for Barn and house . I’m right off Fort Island Trail . My property is at the end of a short street and my property buts up to a heavily wooded Honey Bee Farm .. of 237 acres .. very close to Ozello Trail . Both of the “ Trails “ are great Sportbike roads … love it down here .
    But I still head North to Northport Michigan for the summers .. to hot down here for my liking that time of year .. I like the 77- 81 temp window with moderate humidity..

BigBird and pro69ss like this.