1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on Motorhomes

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Apr 17, 2014.

1. That's what I do. I close off the vents up in the front. And ill put a fan on one of the bar stools in the kitchen pointed towards the bedroom.

You really want ME to make a 50amp cord myself and plug it in your paddock? Cmon Sean. :D

I don't know if the fridge runs off propane or not. But I know it's wired into the Inverter. Before we leave i just push the "Invert" button and it sends power to the fridge. But we actually ran the generator on the way to ATL because it was so hot inside and wanted the AC on.

Yeah, the generator inlet ties into the main diesel tank and it will leave 15 gal in the tank so you can't run it dry and be stuck. I just bring the extra diesel so I don't have to worry about running low in the middle of the weekend.

I always use the auto-level. I can put it on manual and raise/lower the legs individually if I want to. But haven't needed to yet.

Scotty87 likes this.
  2. Cold is relative. I only put it on 63-65 trying to be considerate of others. In my apartment at work I keep it colder.

I remember one time i was laying on top of the covers in my boxers while Lovette was under all the covers like "it is kinda cold". So she went and looked and I had it on 58deg. I was like "ok fine, move it up to 62". :D

3. :crackup:

I always make sure you have blankets. :D

ekraft84 likes this.
  4. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

5. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

NADA is hit or miss on older units. A lot depends on overall condition and maintenance at this point. Having said that, it looks like a headache.

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

rebuilt, replaced, rebuilt, tells me it was abused. typically these units have low miles so, if it had that much done (even being an older model), I wouldn't even consider it. run fast, and far, imho. your results may vary. Ski

7. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Found a 96 in AZ, same rig but built on a Chevy chassis, interior looks to be in much better shape but no lift gate, and I don't want a Chevy.

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Ive looked at a couple handfuls of the first V10 motor Fords... 1/2 of them had "rebuilt" motors or so they claimed. None of them had high mileage.

9. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

10. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

TurboBlew likes this.
  11. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

If I can land one closer to the $15k range I'll be happy. $25k isn't happening. Looks like a 31C is about the length of my SUV + 6x10, I don't care about the sofa so a 27C if I can score one would be about perfect.

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/classc/2003-Grey-Hawk-35420.htm

Lotta sleeping room in this one. No garage but thats what the 6x10 is for! :D

13. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Heh, that'd be awesome, but won't fit in my driveway with the 6x10.

14. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

So, got a lil education on NADA for RVs, I was assuming that I don't need to tick the boxes on accessories/etc that come from the factory on the base model. IE they all come with a 13.5k BTU A/C, so I leave that alone. That's not the way it's used by banks, if it has it you select it, which results in values that come closer to what the market is showing. There are still outliers like the 27k asking price at CampingWorld, but now I have a better idea of how out of whack they are.

Financing them is also odd, best options are to go CHEAP, or buy new. The middle ground gets you horrible terms and interest rates. At the moment I'm leaning toward the cheap path for now.

15. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

16. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

17. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

And that's squarely in the PITA for me to finance range even though I could swing it. (Also too long, I don't need the bunk beds so those would have to go... I can nit pick anything!)

18. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

19. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I might be selling my Winnebago Vista 26he I bought new 8 months ago

20. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

eh?