1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. kangasj

kangasj Banned

GME is coming out of the gates hard this morning!

BigBird likes this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

GME, AMC, KOSS identical movement this morning. All 3 being manipulated in unison.

R1M370 likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

just be upside down enough to not care anymore, then decide to hold it indefinitely, then sell it when the time is right vs. worrying about daily

badmoon692008, R1M370 and BigBird like this.
  5. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

BigBird likes this.
  6. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Im holding on to this for a while, court battle might drag out for months. Throwing this one in the back of the freezer for now. Still a real business with real product and potential.

RRP and Phl218 like this.
  7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Worked for me!

BigBird likes this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

prolly the toughest things about stonks in general

BigBird likes this.
  9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Sold 3 of my 5 shares of ANTM a couple days ago since it hadn't done much and bought other crap, and now of course it's the ONLY thing in the green the last couple days. Overall down around 5% yesterday and another 3% so far today..ugh
    Good thing I don't need the cash right now, and have a couple grand to buy more at a discount.

10. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I hear StrikeForce is about to take off... I have to pay a commission to buy it on eTrade. Its not even listed in RobinHood... I'm trying to decide if 1000 shares might be worth the commission.

11. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Well that was an entirely underwhelming day. :(

12. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Except Tripadvisor being up another 15%.

13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Well, I'm throwing in the towel on all of this. Aside from a 20% profit on AMC 2 days ago, I'm way negative on everything I've tried since September. Gotta stop the bleeding, so I'll let what I have sit and I'll monitor it, but no more new purchases. Good luck to everyone!

BigBird, R1M370 and RRP like this.
  15. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Buddy, i hear ya. EVERYTHING i have is in the red except for GME, AMC and....HITI...and that one is up 2.67%. Well within the volatility of its 75c price point. 17 other positions, in the red.

Anything i bought on "the dip" said "oh yea? Fuck you! we're going down further!"

motion likes this.
  16. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Anyone have this in their portfolio?

Pershing Square Tontine Holdings, Ltd.

Hype or is this thing going to do good?

The Great One likes this.
  17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

When I lost a lot during the dot com bust around 2000, I was dollar cost averaging down. It worked once or twice, but then it didn't and I learned the term, "never try to catch a falling knife".

Anyway those lessons were so painful, that I've only invested in mutual funds with 401k/IRA's ever since.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wow, I wish I'd heard that before.

When the dust settled in 2000, I distinctly remember thinking "shit, I really should have bought that leftover 916 SPS I found collecting dust at some random dealership in Queens. Would have been a much better investment of that money."

BigBird likes this.
  19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yea, I wish I had heard it before I did try catching it, multiple times. :crackup:

I had enough to pay off my current house and buy another one a street over for cash, but I was making so much in the stock market, I stayed in. That was a big mistake, and now I still owe more on my house than I purchased it for in 96.

BigBird likes this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

I told my buddy this today. Of course the other day I loaded up on 15 shares of GME @135, FOMO is so real. I had a $22 call option on FSR (fisker) it went from -180 to +105 on friday AM, so i jumped and sold it...it ended up +500 if I held it to the end of the day, instead of selling it in the morning.

well my lesson is that I spent way too much time and energy to be this much down. I'm too much of a gambler/addictive personality, and this is heading into a bad area. Whatever is there, is there, and that's that.

[​IMG]

dip.jpeg