1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

QDEL is my biggest loser. It has plummeted hard. I thought after yesterdays 4th quarter earning came in so positive the stock would of started to rebound, but alias it's down another 7% today.

2. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

The market will always have corrections. This week is a sea of red. Today looks like its on its way to recovery. I would turn my tickers off today and maybe check back on Tuesday. I bought in heavy this week (as you should) in the red market. Also was able to drop my average stock price on a couple of stocks I was already in.

The Texas mess may keep things down for a few more days. Also Covid restrictions are about to ease more so jobless claims will drop next month. I got into a new stock this week also. SRMX. The tech they are in is good. SEC papers are up to date. Deals with T mobil and working with Microsoft. Could be a year away from breakout but I am in and holding to see what happens.

BigBird likes this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I would be lying if I said that getting into a frat was ever one of my goals in life. One of them recruited me (I don't remember how they found me, I lived off-campus and certainly was not involved in the school's social life)but I bailed out early in the process when they told me that moving into their house was not negotiable. :D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  4. Phl218

Phl218 .

congrats.

want to make parts for me?

5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Thanks. Yeah possibly, what kind of stuff are you looking for?

I have a pretty long list of projects I've been puting off for a while that I'm sooooo looking forward to chewing through in my own garage. I'm looking forward to investing in blue chips :D (lame machinist joke lol)

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

various stuff, let me see that i get drawings over to you and we take it from there.

7. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

That’s like, your opinion....man.

J/k. Talk about taking my joking post and doing an in-depth analysis.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

I like the stock

upload_2021-2-19_16-21-31.png

9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Tread carefully. That will only let you down too. :(

BigBird likes this.
  10. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Doesn't look like the worst pick to me, especially longer term. Go for it.

BigBird likes this.
  11. Phl218

Phl218 .

when is it finally going to retire?

BigBird likes this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

Diamond hands you ape

Phl218 likes this.
  13. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Whatever he joins, make sure it is a national one. The career ties and job leads never end , even 30 yrs later

Boman Forklift likes this.
  14. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

What do you guys own that's going down. I finished the week strong with southwest airlines royal caribbean and Wynn resorts

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean if i turn my graph upside down, i'm doing it right.

16. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Only stock that didnt recover today was HCMC. I think there is some funny business going on there though. Plan was to hold through next week. Everything else came back pretty good today.

R1M370 and BigBird like this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

yeah.. i have that in my fidelity account. i think that account is cursed more than my RH one.

is next week the sale week? or do you think this stock has some hold/long term potential?

18. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I was going to hold until the lawsuit settlement is reached. First court appearance is Monday. PM has insiders been selling their stock this week and sent letters to shareholders about impact to their stock due to litigation that they dont plan to fight as it would be too costly. All good things we are hearing if you are an HCMC holder.

HCMC is a vape company with some organic grocery stores in FL. The only reason I bought in was the potential bounce due to the patent lawsuit with PM. Seems HCMC is gonna win that. I dont see a big future in a vape shop with a couple stores. If the stock hits .02 I am out for sure. plenty of profits there. The guys online thinking it will hit a $1 are just stupid. That puts the company value in the billions. Please... This is not a long hold IMO. Just a cash grab based on court outcome. Im still in the green today, but not by much. Almost break even.

Who knows if PM decides to buy the patent off them, or even buy the company. IDK. Im not expecting too much from the shares though. Too risky. I see a big stock drop after a bunch of us sell when it spikes. No other catalysts after that.

EDIT: I am not a financial advisor and ate paint chips as a child so dont listen to me!

BigBird likes this.
  19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm not going to participate in this discussion. It hurts too much.

BigBird likes this.
  20. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Anyone in corsair.? Another solid 4th qtr earnings. Gaming is huge. I'm thinking of a 5 year timeline for it.

The Great One likes this.