1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not a one of them would have said you should bring up politics after getting nuked for it in the past...

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

FYI, last ban measurement unit for him is "month."

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lets try til after the elections, being a cook thanksgiving seems appropriate...

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: I was posting as you were :D

5. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I'm down pretty good today, but still plenty up overall... I've been churning Gamestop the last couple weeks and have banked a couple hundred off it :D

6. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Wall St is happy with something today. Dang.

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

upload_2020-11-9_14-21-5.png

pfizer is making wood
    umm i mean bank

8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Except all my stocks:mad: I was jacked before the market opened hearing about a 1500 point day. I even set sells based on my premonitions. Not picking the correct company that appears to be producing the vaccine is my first mistake.

9. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

HAL has been my big move for the year with my fun money account. They are up 21% today. :)

10. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I'm guessing the removal of uncertainty in one arena and the Pfizer announcement around a vaccine's preliminary results.

Or, they are just betting on black...or maybe OO on the roulette wheel.

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'll just sit here quietly backstroking like my last name is McDuck.

12. Goldie

Goldie Well-Known Member

JMIA train has left the station. I'm in at $10.56 or up +133.05%:clap: Wakanda Forever!!!! :D Amazon of Africa :bow:

Go look at the 3 month chart.:beer: Winner Winner Fried Chicken Gizzard Dinner.:crackup:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  13. Goldie

Goldie Well-Known Member

Jumia Technologies! My total return is now up to +189.46% WAKANDA FOREVER!!!! $$$$$$:bow::bow::bow::clap::clap:

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's up 700% since the day I put it on my watchlist this year but decided to pass because I wasn't sure they would survive.

Goldie likes this.
  15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I started loading up on NIO a couple weeks ago. Up 12% today. Its Chinese, but I'm greedy that way :D

SundaySocial likes this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Another one that's been on my watchlist for over a year but I never trusted it.

And every time I miss the liftoff on those things, I get irrational and too angry to buy anyway at some point later.

17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Sometimes you just gotta swallow your pride and wade in.

HPPT likes this.
  18. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

November has been good. I skimmed some profits off of a few good performers a few months ago, and bought some pipeline and oil stuff for pennies on the dollar of the pre covid prices. They dropped again and stayed down for a long time but are starting to lift off again, and are back above my purchase price and climbing. Here's hoping they go back to pre covid levels....:) I bought some weed stuff at that time too, but it's still not out of bed yet. I would have made more money selling actual weed :)

sill'r B sill'd likes this.
  19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

My bet on oil services is looking good the last couple weeks.

Eff APPL though.

20. Goldie

Goldie Well-Known Member

So when you guys take profits, what's your strategy? How much should you skim off the top mathematically?