1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Goldie

Goldie Well-Known Member

Take a chance... SDC

Captain Morgan likes this.
  2. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I'm being reckless, have my VTI, was going to sink a lot more in on Tuesday didn't plan on 2 k plus up, was hoping for a big drop today to ease back in. It's over 1000 towards the end and unloaded a big stock when it was still floating around 1200 ish, only to buy it again down the road. In theory it has to tank again and again, but the fed has built up confidence basically saying no matter how bad it gets the money will be behind you. I expected a bounce on the stimulus plan, but not 3,000 pt plus in 2 days. Kind of funny all the guys that left money in are saying this is the bottom to make them feel better. And all the guys that cashed out waiting for the low like me are saying we are no where near the bottom to make us feel better, LOL

3. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Dude...even losers like Charlie win every once in awhile! :beer:

I dont wanna jynx anything, but "we" were up 70% at one point yesterday...in a week?...??? :rock:

I think it will continue to climb.....WHEN it reaches 350 again, I'll scrape some more cream off the top.

Good luck, and I appreciate you thinking my thoughts were worthy sir:flag:

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

tempting to sell my boeing right away after this nice jump

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Damn, wish I had seen this yesterday. Hopefully it'll dip again- I put in a limit order at $4.39 for 20 shares

6. I’m riding out today a bit and I’ll just say this has been a great couple of weeks. All my liquid cash put in is back to safe keeping and currently have sell orders in which will be about 102% profit. Ballsiest moves I’ve made in the market playing with liquid cash.

HPPT likes this.
  7. 20 shares. Who are you trading with? With even tiny fees hardly worth that little amount of $.

8. CharlieY

Hey, whatever you feel comfortable with Phil.....it is "winning":)

I'm gonna let it ride cuz what I have in it is profit from earlier sales, so I'm gonna stick with it for awhile.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Etrade, no fees

I'm up $150 in about a week after investing $900, to me that's worth a few minutes of my time a day...not like I'm doing much else.

10. I wasn’t referring to the time more the fees depending on who you use. Was going suggest e trade for smaller stuff like that. Amazing people will pay $5-7 a trade for under $100 move :)

11. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

i dumped the rest of my money in ivr couple days ago

12. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

yup and even opened bigger today!! i would have probably put in more but i just lost my job earlier this week so taking it easy with the funds at the moment but i had to put in as much as possible right now the way the market is going

13. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

If you can't afford to flush it down the toilet, don't 'invest' it. It is a ZERO sum game, there are winners and losers.

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

No.

15. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Sell enough shares to get your original cash out, and let the rest ride. It's house money at that point...

16. CharlieY

Up 89% in 4 trading sessions.

17. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

And no 1 really knows why. But, a great gamble if you got in on it.

Captain Morgan likes this.
  18. CharlieY

I know why. Because its a good company and a good stock....they may have had some issues lately, but overall the "issues" are smaller than the company itself.

I dont need all the fancy software on the topic. Sometimes it's more about the product, the business, and the people, and not about numbers, figures on paper or spreadsheets, ratios, etc.

I didn't consider it a gamble at all.

There is a problem with financial sectors believing what they see on paper is reality......its not reality. It may be a reflection (indirect) of reality, but numbers on a computer screen don't build airplanes.

I'm more worried about the airlines right now. That will trickle in later no doubt. We shall see what happens.

But hey, to each their own sir.

19. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

In my COMPLETELY unprofessional opinion, give it six to nine months from now for any airline issues to resonate with Boeing (and Airbus). Orders are already being canceled and deferred. I liken this to 9/11. I was laid off from Boeing in May of 2002, but my layoff was initiated in March (60 day warn notice). Of course Boeing had layoff plans in motion prior to 9/11 with an implementation date of summer 2002, so 9/11 just accelerated those plans.

Boeing is fundamentally sound, but it lives and dies by orders and the market. So watch the market for new orders and plan accordingly. Boeing isn't going anywhere, but the volume of deliveries will be much different in a few months, which will directly affect labor markets.

20. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Exactly, I was about to buy $150 May 1 Put options but they were too expensive at Market open. Even Oct $105 are in the $17 range.