1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

This is why you are a fool. The blockchain is not bullet proof as people have already stolen vast amounts of it.

2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

"an argument can be made..."

lol i said that to you like 20 pages ago somewhere. all your little neckbeard fedora friends don't have ACTUAL money. this entire market is play money in context to the globe. its enough to start sparking interest from real players, and not because they think its a great idea, but because they see potential in taking all of your money. you also don't have policy control, or armies and missiles. all things you would need to win that battle. good luck. its not a threat in as much as ensuring that the established order of things gets is slice of all the pies.

market movers have already joined your party now. if you think 1000 kids on Robinhood with $200 in their pockets mean anything compared to when Jamie Dimon decides his company will get involved in something like this, or 4 dozen other hedge funds and banks, think again. they are smarter than the collective (buck the system guys), they have more resources, they have better computers, they have PR firms, and lawyers, and lobbyists and politicians at their disposal, and they have a mountain of capital. in all major economies around the globe. from all angles, they can destroy, or exploit this experiment, at will. and will. just hope you read the tea leaves right to wake up on the right side of things cause just like those little fish that follow whales and sharks around and clean the micro-organisms off their skin... you can catch some scraps too along the way.

flip side to that argument... if you think magically somehow all you cheeto dust fingered gamers will revolt, that means centralizing power and movement, one of the core ideas crypto was supposed to move against. people cannot help formulating groups for power, protection, influence... its in our DNA, and it goes against the sole purpose of "decentralizing". Hell, there's already like 80% of the Crypto being held by like 100 people. so much for that idea. so now instead, you'll just trade a traditional power concentration for a new one, and most certainly, you and most normal people will not be invited to the table there either.

3. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

4. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

people steal dollars too. The crypto that gets stolen get stolen from people who don’t secure their passcodes

5. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Please refer to the recently posted pic of the sinking ship that people said was unsinkable.

6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

gold right here

7. Venom51

I will repeat...every software security measure that is created by man eventually gets exploited and proven to be not as secure as it was once thought. If you think the blockchain is impermiable to fraud then you will suffer the same fate as everyone else who has ever said "this can't be cracked."

Just as Nvidia did when they said their BIOS/Driver hash rate limiting could not be bypassed.

Nvidia's GPU mining limiter has been fully unlocked for the RTX 3080 Ti | PC Gamer

Remember..humans are involved and where humans are involved idiocy and treachery will be as well. Certainly anywhere financial gain is to be had.

Last edited: May 13, 2022
    Montoya and noles19 like this.
  8. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I just assume our govt has backdoors into everything. If you can do crypto anonymously without an electronic device, i may start paying attention.

9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I think you just stumbled upon the next thing... Analog Crypto! Now do we use shiny rocks or bits of metal to represent the crypto?

Montoya and pickled egg like this.
  10. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I think they should use slips of paper with historical figures printed on them.

prm, Montoya and Sweatypants like this.
  11. Venom51

No we should trade in grains of rice.

12. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Non fungible metal?

13. Venom51

Noah...rice doesn't weigh down your pockets as much.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Until it gets wet…

15. Venom51

Then you are half way to dinner....

16. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

17. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Not rice, but wheat, and to make it not a burden to carry around… let’s just trade ‘wheat receipts’! Ol’ Dr. Stuart Crane may be on to something!

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

110# last I tallied. Which highlights a conundrum for the SHTF scenario stackers. 110# of silver ain't really all that much and there's damn sure other things I'd need to carry more than it.

Plus, there'll be stacks and stacks of dead people who have jewellery both on their person and in their homes.

A 10 ounce silver bar will be worth less,and be harder to tote in quantity, than gold rings, in a post-apocalyptic scenario, I'd bet.

19. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I’ve been stocking up on brown rice, oats, and canned meat. Got a FUCK TON of it in my storage area above my bathroom. Also got quite a bit of antibiotics.

20. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Ummm, brown rice? While brown rice may be a lot healthier than refined rice, it does not store long term. It has oil in it and will go rancid. Just sealing it, even with oxygen absorbers, in a mylar bag, won't do it.