1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scandalous O

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Buckwild, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I get that and I am sure some, like me, appreciate you bringing leftist insanity and rampant TDS to the table. Reciprocity and unity!

Chino52405 likes this.
  2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I qualified my statement with "sometimes". Please don't let the door hit your asshole on the way out.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Good Idea...I know your arms are weary.

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

And you find lefties crazier than you :confused: <just kidding it was to easy> And contrary to your world view the majority of Americans do not see race as the driving force for all actions.

5. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I live in Chicago...people look at me like I'm you assholes every day. Try telling a bunch of 60 year old progressive women that Hillary sucks and is just as responsible as the GOP for giving us Trump or that she was Bill's attack dog when he was being accused by women.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That’s your own fucking fault for talking to anyone in Shitcago. :moon:

cav115 likes this.
  7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

There's a whole country out there to live in, you know.

cav115 likes this.
  8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

What, Venezuela?

9. Chino52405

You take the good, you take the bad...I have two racetracks less than 90 min away (day trip racing/trackdays) and about 8 within 6 hour drive. More than anything it's where I can make the most money right now. Likely headed back to MI in a few years when my boys are ready to go full yeehaw - not sure the crf50 will last long in a 125' x 50' lot.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The crf might, the lot? Not so sure

Chino52405 and sheepofblue like this.
  11. sheepofblue

I said people.... :Poke:

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Oh I know a good bit about it, sheep summed it up fairly but I'll go into further detail, just for you, Buck.

Cambridge PD got a call or two about a suspicious black male at a residence ....actually looked it up after posting, it wasn't a window he went through but pushing the front door open with the help of his driver.
    First officer arrives, knocks on door, professor answers door, officer states why he's there, professor explains yea that was me, I was locked out but I live here. Officer says ok, just need to get an ID so I can close out this job....Professor AH refuses. Officer tries his best to change his mind, he refuses, escalation begins, officer calls for his tour commander. His Sgt shows up, simply explains what their procedures are and why they need an ID to close out file, Professor AH continues to refuse, thinks his explanation should be enough. Things escalate further, Sgt had enough, Prof. gets arrested for disorderly conduct. Ya see, this Professor is one of those uppity leftist types who thought he was too smart and 'accomplished' to follow a request/order by a lowly LEO. I mean after all, he was friends with the new and first black POTUS. A few days later when said POTUS gets wind of the incident, without knowing ANY details he disparages the officers involved, the PD and of course hints of potential racism......this all before ever having the courtesy of reaching out to the PD to get the FACTS.

Now entertain us and tell us what you know about it???

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Spang308, cav115 and sheepofblue like this.
  13. Chino52405

In IL, I am under no obligation to show an officer ID on my property. I complied in a similar situation, but only because the officer had a gun pointed at me in my kitchen after a no knock entry. After "a call". Had they just come up to my door and knocked I'd have told them to fuck off and go talk to the person who called them.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

In view of the totality of the circumstances, asking for an ID was hardly out of line. The guy went in through
    the window which he had to know would look suspicious to witnesses. He should have been grateful that a
    neighbor cared enough to have the police check out what was going on. The cops were performing their job,
    not picking on him because he's black and that should have been obvious.
    I am sure that, had the person in his house been a burglar and the police had just walked away without seeing
    any ID and the prof's house was ransacked, he would be screaming about not receiving equal protection
    from the police because he's black. There was no need to be an asshole, they were looking out for his welfare.

sheepofblue likes this.
  15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So some guy really wants to be PITA instead of just showing them his ID? Next time his neighbor calls and it is a thief, what kind of response do you think he will get from the police? All just to prove a point. Unfortunately he only proved he was an a$$. The same guy would have been screaming to the top of his lungs if a thief actually did break into his house and used this story and the police just took the thief’s word for it and went away.

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

BS...don't believe that for a second.
    You'd be correct if it were some random inquiry for no reason, however, if the LEO has PC or a 9/11 related concern of a crime, like in the Gates incident, you sure as hell would have to.....but I'd sure love to see you walk your talk if that day ever comes. :crackup:

17. Chino52405

What if I fiercely enforce my 4th amendment rights in order to further protect my 2nd amendment rights from illegal red flag laws?

Knock knock do you live here in and of itself can become probable cause. What if it was my dad in my house instead of me? My friend with my permission to be there? If they can't confirm that person had any right to be in the residence "after a call" is my house now subject to anything in plain sight? How long will the officers remain in my house?

18. sheepofblue

Sorry but the cops had reasonable cause in profs case (likely yours also) He even admitted he forgot his key so kind of acted like he was breaking in. Oh and if the cop had just said ooopdee doopee OK sir and it had wound up a burglar who was lying then the same prof would have been outraged...because he is an asshole. Further imagine it was a real breakin but the people were home and the other guy had them at gunpoint.... It was entirely reasonable for the cop to verify identity.....wait not only was it reasonable it was a good procedure that could save someone's property or life. All the dude had to do was show an ID thank the cop for their concern and wish them a good night. Of course the prof then would not have gotten invited to the White House for a beer with the race baiter who took the profs rudeness and made it a national story. It is easy to cry racism and whine like a bitch but in most cases there is someone you are insulting that wishes you no harm (and in this case was trying to protect you).

Oh and for being a douche you would have wound up in jail also with no president on speed dial, just what you had coming.

19. sheepofblue

Nice try I already told you how easy it was for me at my parents. As to a friend they could call me and I would thank them and verify that yes I told my buddy to go in (I have gave my garage combo to people so they could borrow a tool before).

As to the 4th that is easy yes officer let me get ID (assuming you don't have it in your pocket). If they want to come in say they need a warrant to do that but if they wait a second you will gladly be right back. Oh and once you show them tell them have a nice day and thanks for the concern. Being a hardass is a really good way to sleep on cement that night, you might even 'win' in the end but you will still lose.

20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Depending on what the potential crime is, THAT would not be possible either. Once the officer has you in their line of sight, they're not going to want you to leave until you're ID'ed. Let's say it's a potential home invasion and you're one of the bad guys, who took a chance acting like the resident, would it be prudent for the officers to let you out of their sight? NO, it wouldn't....it'd be a good way, for them(police), to get shot too.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020