1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scam???

Discussion in 'General' started by Beer Slut, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Beer Slut

Beer Slut Well-Known Member

Was trying to sell my bike and got this reply. Scam? You guys know best.

Thank you for your quick response, i am located in Montreal Canada. i am buying this bike for my brother as a surprise gift, i am okay with the price due to my occupation as a marine engineer at this moment i am presently working offshore, sometimes access to regular emails and phone calls are very poor in offshore due to inefficiency of inmarsat and internet connections, fortunately the internet access is working averagely when i came across the advert of your bike, i really want it to be a surprise by not disclosing it until the delivery is made to him, am sure he will be more than happy with it, i insisted on PayPal because i don't have access to my bank account online and i don't have internet banking too, but i can pay from my PayPal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it, i will need you to give me your PayPal email address so i can make the payment as soon as possible, and if you don't have PayPal account yet, it is very easy to set it up at your bank or go onto http://www.paypal.com and get it set up, after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with PayPal so as to put the money through..Notice you don't need to bother yourself about the shipment, i have a pick-up agent that will come for pick-up, they will also determine and secure the shipment, i will need you to provide me with the following information in order to facilitate the payment.

1.Your Full name.

2.Your PayPal Email Address.

3.Your phone number.

Once again, I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping, I will have my mover come over as soon as you have your money in your account.

Kindest Regards.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I would say yes. Dunno how but sounds too much like it.

3. caferace

caferace No.

Complete and total scam. An old scam, even.

-jim

4. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

That is the NORMAL scam form letter.

5. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Any time they have their own shipper, I would worry.

6. Beer Slut

Beer Slut Well-Known Member

So what do you tell them? F... off?

7. Brutus

Brutus Well-Known Member

8. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Unless we go through normal buyer/seller channels I am not interested in doing business.

9. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

either delete and don't respond or screw with them give them the address of the local FBI office and am email for contact FBI.com or some stuff like that

10. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Just delete it and forget about it.. no need to feed them.

Unless you feel like having fun, then drag it out as long as you can.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

12. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

Sounds legit.

13. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I will have my mover come over as soon as you have your money in your account.

Please keep "your" money in your account. Anyone making demands, telling you how the transaction will take place, is in most cases an attempt to scam you.

14. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

So legit. If you don't sell your bike to him, forward him to me so I can sell him mine.

15. Chester

Chester Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great deal.....wish I had a bike to sell him.......

16. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Old scam. He sends you fraudulent funds, it clears, they get the bike, the bank comes back in 2 weeks and says the funds were fraudulent and you're out the money and the bike.

17. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I sold a bike to a guy from Canada....I insisted on cash, once the bike goes across the border you have few options if the payment goes "south".

18. crnigsxr

crnigsxr Member

SCAM BIG TIME :down:

19. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

if it has anything at all to do with Quebec ,guaranteed its a scam