1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Say it ain't so, Jacques!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by In Your Corner, Jan 31, 2004.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The protesters were right, it was about the oil!

Don't tell me the French had a less-than-honorable reason for opposing the war?
    (Not to mention Egypt, Jordan, Syria, the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Sudan, China, Austria , the Russian Orthodox Church, the Russian Communist Party, India's Congress Party and the Palestine Liberation Organization.)

Remember, the French have been our friends for a long time.
    This is just their way of saying thanks for saving their asses during WW II :D

2. tcasby

tcasby Banned

NO!

Hope this story has some legs. :D

3. In Your Corner

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If this is the same story we heard here a couple of weeks ago, it's about two former French ministers on that list. No one said it had anything to do with preventing the current invasion. These guys have not been in a position to have that kind of influence in some time. I think they said it was just plain regular bribery. The people that were accused claim to be innocent, of course. And there is something shaky about the credibility of the accuser. The story made a splash that lasted a couple of days, but it had no legs. It doesn't mean it won't come back, but for now nobody seems to care. Hopefully it will come back stronger. It will make for good entertainment.

By the way, no need to go to Iraq to establish that Jacques should be in jail for the things he has done going way back to when he was mayor of Paris. The guy makes American crooks look like small-time pickpockets. So did Miterrand.

5. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

The Washington Times is owned by the Moonies, isn't it?:D Or someone really odd. . .

And I'm not sure how you'd bribe someone with oil. . . "here's another 55 gal. drum o' crude - now do as I say!

6. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

should I even bother responding to this crap....

Lunch... I'm going to get a good 'ole all-american burger with a heep of french-fries smothered in ketchup....

7. In Your Corner

should I even bother responding to this crap....

You might not believe this, but not everyone who is conservative or thinks the French are useless back-stabbers gives a shit about re-naming french fries or cares what Rush Limbaugh thinks.

There's never any shortage of mental junk food for the masses, but not everyone eats at Burger King.