1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sam Williams Kawasaki

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by fat bloke, Feb 8, 2018.

1. fat bloke

fat bloke Well-Known Member

About 15 years ago I was fortunate enough to spend a weekend with Sam Williams and he was kind enough to let me do some sessions and a sprint race on his Z1000, a few years ago after Sam's passing I managed to talk to a person about purchasing the bike but at that time somebody else was planning on racing it. Not sure if anybody here knows of it's whereabouts or if it's being raced now but I'd really like the opportunity to own it and race it again.

So if anybody has an ideas please let me know, thanks
    14884694_220106588401665_5006533445503834040_o.jpg

compmoto and 418 like this.
  2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I believe that it was sold to a family friend who lives in Chicago. The motor has some valve train damage and is currently in pieces. I would have bought this bike in a heartbeat but didn’t have the money.

3. fat bloke

thanks, when I talked to a friend of the family a few years ago I was told it was going to be raced, just trying to find out if its still out, being raced, looking for a home etc

4. fastedyamaha

Not currently being raced as it’s in pieces. To the best of my knowledge the guy who bought it doesn’t race, only does track days.

5. fat bloke

thanks again, if this info could be forwarded to the owner or anybody that knows the owner I would like to put it back out there racing again

6. fastedyamaha

I’ll send you a pm with a contact number.

fat bloke likes this.
  7. fat bloke

Thanks

8. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

I've race Sam for years and years me Duck 750 and Sam on his Kawasaki Z1 ... so much fun ..... would love to see someone race his beast again .....

fat bloke likes this.
  9. fat bloke

that would be my plan to get it back out there

10. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

I met Sam in 1976.... Helped build a set of pipes for his H1 race bike. I had a great race with him on that 1000 at Barber a few years before he passed, I was in V3 he was in V5, I got by him in some of the turns only to have him motor by on the straights. Great guy, miss him at the track.

compmoto and JBall like this.
  11. fat bloke

thats the plan if I can get hold of it

12. fat bloke

Well that's a no go, current owner doesn't want to part with it, yes it's in pieces right now and has not been raced since the last time Sam raced it

Maybe in a few more years who knows

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

At least you know where it is now, that's a start.

fat bloke likes this.
  14. fat bloke

Didn't manage to purchase the bike I was looking for but was fortunate enough to be offered one of Sam's other big kwakers so all I gotta do now is get it back to Atlanta from Akron and re commision it

IMG_20180410_184903.jpg

15. DougBowie

DougBowie Well-Known Member

Nice... please bring it out ...

16. fat bloke

That's the plan Doug

17. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Who is this new member Doug Bowie? what happened to Mr. Magoo?

18. DougBowie

DougBowie Well-Known Member

Forgot my password....so this happened?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Emailing me can fix a lot of things like passwords....

20. fastedyamaha

It should still be in running condition. His crew still gets together every monday to tinker on the bikes. That's also a very tricked out bike, you'll enjoy it!

Shenanigans and fat bloke like this.